MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about AA Breakdown Repair Cover ?
In the event of a breakdown you can claim for repairs up to £500 with an excess of £25 it covers the likes of replacement batteries, timing belt etc. Looking at the cover it seems pretty good. Adding it to AA breakdown cover seems pretty cheap as well,about £60 extra. I have had a look at some of the small print and "wear and tear" get out clause is in there, but you are allowed 5 claims in the year.

Has anyone actually claimed on this AA policy ? Or know about this particular policy ?
Any advice appreciated

Ag

·
Registered
40 Posts
thewalshter

Main points to be aware of car must be serviced at a vat registered garage at all the correct service intervals.Also vehicle must be checked by a patrol prior to repair been carried out at a vat registered garage .Also be creative how you word the fault eg broken or failed rather than worn.You can get your money back on one claim on a battery,which would be fitted at the roadside with a 3 year guarantee.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Advice re AA breakdown repair cover.

Does anyone know anything about AA Breakdown Repair Cover ?
In the event of a breakdown you can claim for repairs up to £500 with an excess of £25 it covers the likes of replacement batteries, timing belt etc. Looking at the cover it seems pretty good. Adding it to AA breakdown cover seems pretty cheap as well,about £60 extra. I have had a look at some of the small print and "wear and tear" get out clause is in there, but you are allowed 5 claims in the year.

Has anyone actually claimed on this AA policy ? Or know about this particular policy ?
Any advice appreciated

Ag
Any updated advice on this please? Just bought a 2006 Mini One with no warranty. Dealer is offering a 6 months Black Horse warranty for an additional £220 which i haven't taken. Happened upon this 'AA breakdown repair cover' when taking out roadside cover from them and thought it seems very reasonable at £69.50.... Any thoughts/advice please? Thanx!:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts