MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody using the AA's Smart Breakdown Car Genie device had to replace the battery? My car's battery was irreparably damaged two months after the AA's device was fitted. My dealership's diagnosis print-out states that the replacement battery was required because the device is consuming too much current in rest state. I've asked the AA to refund my dealership bill although they have only offered £49!.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anybody using the AA's Smart Breakdown Car Genie device had to replace the battery? My car's battery was irreparably damaged two months after the AA's device was fitted. My dealership's diagnosis print-out states that the replacement battery was required because the device is consuming too much current in rest state. I've asked the AA to refund my dealership bill although they have only offered £49!.
i had this on my jag...got charged 445 pounds. for new battery and fault finding. andy mullan [email protected] aa not interested closed my complaint with no investigation.. AA what a CON team.

·
Registered
3 Posts
the drain without dongle is o.08 milliamps. drain with dongle is 0.1 milliamp. removed dongle put new battery in 445 pounds.. its a jag!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the drain without dongle is o.08 milliamps. drain with dongle is 0.1 milliamp. removed dongle put new battery in 445 pounds.. its a jag!!!
Thank you for this helpful information. I've elevated my case to the AA's CEO as my dealership bill was over £700! The car was checked by a senior BMW technician and the AA have received the diagnostic report which clearly states that the dongle is consuming too much current in rest state. It goes on to say check the vehicle for non-BMW parts which have been retrofitted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After hearing nothing for about three weeks and following a hastener to respond to my correspondence on this the AA's Head of Claims has replied confirming that they are only prepared to pay £49! He continues to ignore the BMW diagnostic report and suggests I seek independent legal advice in relation to the options available going forward! I have asked the AA to collect their Car Genie dongle as it is not being used as advised by BMW and their car dealership.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts