MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just picked up my car today. It has actually been ready for a couple of weks, but I was away on business.

Some observations:

1. Amazed how quickly it came. Two or three weeks from confirmation to arrival.

2. Harry Fairbairn have been great to deal with.

3. Love the colour combo - pw/black with redwood. Very retro.

4. The wheels. I always go for the biggest, baddest wheel tyre combo. This time I didn't as I wanted the car to be a smoother runner and the fun it it being under-tyred. (I previously had a One and then an MCS/JCW and preferred the ride/handling trade off of the One.) Th ride feels good so far - but it does look under-wheeled to my eyes. A more charismatic set of black 16" might do the job. Any suggestions?

5. I love the red leather.

6. The panoramic sunroof is good - makes it feel more spacious.

7. Deffo better built than the mark 1.

8. Call me perverse - but I like the D noise.

9. Stop start is good.

10 Wish I had ordered Xenons....but I had to stop somewhere......

11. Wonderful to be driving a MINI again. My sons 11 and 8 agreed. Our 8 year old said "Dad - is this really our car". They hated the flash of BMW convertible.

All in all - love it. Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Have now run new Dooper for a week.

Observations

1. In nearly every way, a better car than the mark1 ; much more mature.

2. I even think it looks better.

3. Really glad I orderd the sun roof - great to flick up.

4. Only exceptions:

- not as go-karty.
- the central console doesn't feel as substantial.
- I preferred the dial for the auto AC in the next one.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
a month in

this is truly a great cat

it has a lot of depth - fun to drive, beautiful, fab fuel consumption - and it feels much more appropriate than something more flashy.

my only issue is that I wisht they had spent more money on the quality of the switchgear.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Glad you're liking the car - have to agree with you on the switchgear. Hoping to pick up my PW/B clubbie this week. How are you finding the power of the Dooper? Any pics yet?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi - it has plent ypower where it is needed. I am a torque junkie. I like lazy power .It follows on from a BMW 325i and MCS JCW. If I said that I preferrred the engine characteristics, you wouldn't believe me - but it's true.

Must get my act together on pics

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Popey

You are right. The two boxes that I wished I had ticked are Xenons and part distance control. I think I can rectify the latter.

I wish I hadne't ordered the mfsw. I never used it on my last car; I don't think I will use it on this.

Every other part of my spec, I am v please with.

·
Wanted an Audi
2,105 Posts
Popey

You are right. The two boxes that I wished I had ticked are Xenons and part distance control. I think I can rectify the latter.

I wish I hadne't ordered the mfsw. I never used it on my last car; I don't think I will use it on this.

Every other part of my spec, I am v please with.
You can always get some good bulbs fitted.

I had PDC on my Cooper S, it was good but it want even an option on the JCW we have on order. I dont think we will miss it too much.

I love our MFSW, wouldnt spec without it

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am very pleased with my MFSW!

Cruise control is just the thing if you want to maximise your fuel economy on an empty motorway and keep a matching 68 mph and 68 mpg!

What's not to like about being able to change radio station/volume without lifting your hands off the steering wheel?

For maximum benefit, it should control the telephone as well. I didn't tick the USB/bluetooth box so will now have to get Mikey at Newministuff to install a Parrott special next month. Can't wait!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I just don't find it intuitive to change channel/volume on the steering wheel. I think steering wheels are for steering.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
16 Participants
philip rodney
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing