MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

After nearly 2 years of dreaming, I'm (hopefully) soon to be a cooper owner. Could even be as early as 2 weeks :D

As luck would have it, my local dealership "should" have a couple of brand new Cooper's available this coming week, in nearly the exact spec I want. Which is....

Indi Blue
17" Alloys
Aircon (manual...wanted auto)
ASC + T
CHILI
Darkened Glass
Harmon Kardon Hi-Fi
Multi-func S/Wheel

I also really want the Aero kit and Viper Stripes but, at £1300+, have decided I'll wait for that and add it on later. This comes (without Aero+Viper) to just over £15k

This all depends on me getting a new job, and I have the interview on Monday - so, religious people or not, please get down on your hands and knees and pray to the Mini Gods for me!

Couple of questions...am I going to regret the manual Aircon over the climate control? And my printout from the dealership doesn't specifically state it has the onboard computer....or does ASC + T signify this? Finally - does the onboard computer also bring cruise-control into the offing? I test drove a coop today with CC and was really impressed (not hard).

Thoughts (and prayers for the interview!) all welcome,

Cheers all

Will

·
Sotherner up north
1,221 Posts
MF Steering Wheel brings cruise control with it, so your OK there
If its a 2005 model, then the OBCs included in the CHILLI pack, otherwise it should be stated. Worth it IMO for the range function alone.

OH - and welcome on-board :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have to speak to him tmrw then as I definately want the OBC and I'm sure he said it was included. Thanks for the reply :)

·
Range Rover SDV8!
5,153 Posts
Unlikely to be an 05 model as it's Indi Blue (fabulous colour, should never haven been discontinued), but at least you'll get the nicer bumpers (controversy, controversy...).

I have had many company cars with auto air con and it's only ever been any good in one car, a Volvo V70 - where it's magic. Other than that is usually slower to select what you want it to do and is often anoying as it tries to take over with what it thinks you want it to do! Manual air con is just fine.

Best of luck with the job interview. Just hope and that that the interviewer is a MINI nut and (s)he will understand why you need that job so badly!

Tigger

·
Sullivan Racing
1,117 Posts
miniwilly said:
Hi all.

After nearly 2 years of dreaming, I'm (hopefully) soon to be a cooper owner. Could even be as early as 2 weeks :D

As luck would have it, my local dealership "should" have a couple of brand new Cooper's available this coming week, in nearly the exact spec I want. Which is....

Indi Blue
17" Alloys
Aircon (manual...wanted auto)
ASC + T
CHILI
Darkened Glass
Harmon Kardon Hi-Fi
Multi-func S/Wheel

I also really want the Aero kit and Viper Stripes but, at £1300+, have decided I'll wait for that and add it on later. This comes (without Aero+Viper) to just over £15k

This all depends on me getting a new job, and I have the interview on Monday - so, religious people or not, please get down on your hands and knees and pray to the Mini Gods for me!

Couple of questions...am I going to regret the manual Aircon over the climate control? And my printout from the dealership doesn't specifically state it has the onboard computer....or does ASC + T signify this? Finally - does the onboard computer also bring cruise-control into the offing? I test drove a coop today with CC and was really impressed (not hard).

Thoughts (and prayers for the interview!) all welcome,

Cheers all

Will
I wish you all the luck in getting your new job, and the Cooper! Let us know how it goes, good or bad! (Hopefully good! :D )

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tigger said:
Unlikely to be an 05 model as it's Indi Blue (fabulous colour, should never haven been discontinued), but at least you'll get the nicer bumpers (controversy, controversy...).

I have had many company cars with auto air con and it's only ever been any good in one car, a Volvo V70 - where it's magic. Other than that is usually slower to select what you want it to do and is often anoying as it tries to take over with what it thinks you want it to do! Manual air con is just fine.

Best of luck with the job interview. Just hope and that that the interviewer is a MINI nut and (s)he will understand why you need that job so badly!

Tigger
Thanks Tigger :) My Mother's Golf (nearly 5 years old) has the best climate control I've ever seen - very easy, and it just works. Ice cold in summer too. But the manual seemed nice and cool today in the test drive, so I'm sure i'll do.

Cheers then

Will

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dansmini said:
I wish you all the luck in getting your new job, and the Cooper! Let us know how it goes, good or bad! (Hopefully good! :D )
Cheers :cool: - I'm going away on holiday (well, I'm not, but who cares) so hopefully they'll feel they should tell me very soon whether I was "successful" or not (don't you hate the words they use in interviews? "Thank you for your application for <long job reference number>. I'm delighted to inform you that you have been successful in your application thus far, and have been shortlisted to be interviewed on August 2nd at 3pm." This is for an internal post by my Manager of 2 years!

Anyway, enough boring job-talk - I have a Mini to dream of. I do love the Indi blue...

Will

·
Letting the days go by
890 Posts
Will, the very best of luck. Have sacrificed several chickens (Well a KFC bucket :p) on your behalf. That should count in your favour with the MINI gods!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dansmini said:
Hi troops,

Well, the interview is done and dusted. They gave little away, damn them, but I left pretty happy so will have to wait and see. First thing I did when I got home (after a couple of fags) was ring my dealership and got them to quote me finance for the Mini I'm after. I'm a bit keen :) I wish I could work it out (the monthly re-payments), but dunno about what the APR% is etc.

Fingers crossed - keep those prayers to the MiniGods coming!

Will

·
Sullivan Racing
1,117 Posts
miniwilly said:
Hi troops,

Well, the interview is done and dusted. They gave little away, damn them, but I left pretty happy so will have to wait and see. First thing I did when I got home (after a couple of fags) was ring my dealership and got them to quote me finance for the Mini I'm after. I'm a bit keen :) I wish I could work it out (the monthly re-payments), but dunno about what the APR% is etc.

Fingers crossed - keep those prayers to the MiniGods coming!

Will
Well, good luck again, glad you feel it went well. When will you know?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh dear, what have I done?

Well, despite having not been told about my interview, I appear to have just put down a deposit on my Mini! I couldn't resist - see pics attached. Decided against the IB '04 and went for this '05 which has a few more extras (isn't the sunroof brilliant? Or is it just me?)

Can't sit down for the excitement!!

Will

Attachments

·
Letting the days go by
890 Posts
Many congratulations, nice looking MINI!

You're right the sunroof is brilliant, and if the excitements too much - stay standing! :p

Welcome to the COOPER ranks indeed!

So, what's the full spec and when is it officially yours?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
'05 model
16" starspoke alloys
MFSW
OBC
Chili
Black bonnet stripes
Visibility pack
Black roof and wing mirrors
Leather/cloth interior
Electric sunroof
Tinted rear windows

And other things I've forgotten probably!

Basically, this poor lady was about to drive it away last week but pulled out at the last minute as she was made redundant. So, assuming all goes well (I'm petrified something'll happen, but fingers crossed), it should be mine on Monday. YEEHAR!

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
Hope you get the job but fear not you could always sell your soul to the devil!....... it would be worth it.Nice MINI btw.With that nice big sunroof open in the sunshine and those big windows down you can almost persuade yourself your in a convertible(almost)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
6 Participants
zyo
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing