MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
The tints do nothing for me I'm afraid. But I don't have kids or glare from snowdrifts to worry about - and if I did I'd investigate the screens on p. 24 of the '07 Accessories Brochure.

(My aim in speccing my Clubman was to follow the principle that less is more and to go as subtle as possible - even to the extent of completely de-badging - so see them in the flesh before you decide and don't be put off by me!)

·
MINI memories...
508 Posts
Xenon lights are great and all that, but I find the price for them a bit steep.
I did a lot of research in here when speccing my Cooper D, and the thing that people regret not including are the Bi-Xenons. Yes, they are expensive, but they are one item which is almost impossible to retro-fit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good discount from Norway

I have just ordered my Cooper D, but found it hard to get a discount, looks like I should have bought in Norway.

My delivery date is week 50.
Pepper white, cloth / leather ray carbon black, Chili pack - upgraded to auto a/c and 17 inch flame spoke wheels.
314 Heated mirrors / washer jets
329 Black bonnet stripes
345 Chrome line interior
359 Visibility pack
383 Roof & Mirrors in Black
4BD Interior trim piano black
507 Par distance control
522 Bi Xenon headlights
609 Navigation System
785 White indicator lights

Most I could get was £165 discount, that after trying 3 dealers:mad:

Went to the Frankfurt Motor show and fell in love with it.

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
I didnt get a discount on mine either, and it will be my third car from that dealer, im too loyal to go anywhere else :eek:

Got TLC thrown in though which is worth £150 :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks for all your replies! :cool:

Bear in mind that the price I`ve been offered for the car is 268 000 NOK, or 24200 £.....:rolleyes:

Much of the price premium is taxes though, high taxes on cars here in Norway. The Cooper D actually got cheaper here because they changed the tax from being on swept engine volume to being on CO2 emissions. :D

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
oooohhhhh if i lived in scandanavia i would defo have to have a 4wd car, can't think of anything more fun than scudding round backroads in a Subaru impreza with winter tyres on with snow chucking it down.

Although saying that, last year in London we had on one day 2mm's of snow, it was proper scary, the whole of the south-east of england came to a shut down, now thats a proper winter for ya, bet you would'nt be able to cope with 2mm of snow in scandanavia..........lol ( we are lightweights here, just the thought of snow causes trains to stop dead!!!)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well, each and every winter I`m missing my trusty Volvo 244 DL. At snowy roads, you could steer it with the accelerator, driving sideways all the time. :D

No wonder old 240s are popular in drifiting contests here, fitted with various US V8 engines...:D

Trains, eh? Our railway services bought some new trains from Siemens in Germany. They had such terrible problems with snow packing under the locomotives that they actually pulled one of the old GM Di3 locomotives out from the museum and put it back into service. :D

Sounds like I`ll be having heated washers and mirrors then, tinted windows, but no sport suspension and 16" wheels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Then it`s ordered. :D

Added White blinkers, heated washer jets and mirrors, smokers pack (need the lighter to charge cellular :rolleyes: ) tinted windows and sport button. :D

And haggled some more, got all that thrown in for 100 £. That`s because I got a bigger rebate on the non-standard winter tires after telling them I found the price too steep. :cool:

He said that BMW doesn`t like them selling non-original wheels, but their reply to BMW is 'We rather sell SOME kind of wheels than NONE'
Really too much to fork out over 1100 £ for 16" Bridge Spoke winter wheels. So those will be 15" aftermarket wheels LINK with Bridgestone Blizzak LINK non-studded tires.

·
Registered
214 Posts
If you don't have the smoker's pack, you'll still have the socket for your electronics. No need to opt for the pack to get an ashtray and lighter you'll never use.

So you might have to get back to them :)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
8 Participants
Yoastie
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing