MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the word from the man... I'm now #1 on the list (was #2 & #1 baled)

Car will be early June build, delivery Aug

Spec PROBABLY as follows...
Black w/ white roof
Silver 5-Stars
DSC
Clear Rear Light Clusters
Otherwise Std Aus spec. (i.e. cloth/leather, aircon, etc.)

Clear lights are a little pricey at about AUD720 (USD360/UKP260) but they just look the 'nads

Just had to tell someone... I'm excited!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Is your dealer giving you accurate info? I really hope so.

We *know* the first cars in production for UK delivery will be EB or DS, with the customer's choice of colours being brought on stream later. My dealer has no idea if customer-coloured cars will be available July, August or December!

I'm *hoping* it will be August too, but I have no idea.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I also ordered my 'S' for August delivery (pretty much customized... :D ).

The dealer is a direct branch office of BMW in Munich, so I hope that they know what they are promising...

However, delivery date is preliminary ... :(

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
rich said:
Got the word from the man... I'm now #1 on the list (was #2 & #1 baled)

Car will be early June build, delivery Aug

Spec PROBABLY as follows...
Black w/ white roof
Silver 5-Stars
DSC
Clear Rear Light Clusters
Otherwise Std Aus spec. (i.e. cloth/leather, aircon, etc.)

Clear lights are a little pricey at about AUD720 (USD360/UKP260) but they just look the 'nads

Just had to tell someone... I'm excited!
Shawn Ticehurst told us on the 1st of March that the first 75 'S' deliveries (not demos) will be in EB or DS, all pre-specced.

That would mean a least one per dealer, with 4-5 for the larger dealers, like yours in Sydney. So how come you are getting a customer specced model so early?

Regards, ElTel (jealous of course, as I'm "somewhere in the top 15" at one of Melbourne's large dealers and due round about Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr/May/Jun/Jul/Aug/Sep/Oct/Nov...)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Congratulations Rich. finally dropped the Indi Blue then.:)

That delivery date is about right, mine id due Sept/Oct 02, so not far off yours.

JUNE deliveries will be EB pre-specced cars only as previously discussed elsewhere.

Did you price up "those" wheels ?...... $4700AU for four!!!.....ouch!!!.

You may have read elsewhere, but they have them on the Yellow Cooper Demo at Brisbane BMW, and they look wonderful. Thats a serious load of cash though and wouldpush my car to over $55,000AU. A bit over the top.

By the way are you aware of a RRP price drop ?. $39,990AU now dropped to $39,900AU. :rolleyes: Why they would bother when Brisbane BMW are now charging over $2000AU for delivery goodness only knows.

cheers, and congrats........won't be long now. Like waiting for a baby.......9 months from conception!!!

:)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Viscount Charles said:
Is your dealer giving you accurate info? I really hope so.

We *know* the first cars in production for UK delivery will be EB or DS, with the customer's choice of colours being brought on stream later. My dealer has no idea if customer-coloured cars will be available July, August or December!

I'm *hoping* it will be August too, but I have no idea.
Unless he's a compulsive liar & sadist, I think this is the real deal - I've been offered a pre-spec in July & declined

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Basil said:
For those that are wondering, "these" are "those" 17" wheels.....going out the door very slowely at your local BMW dealership now........
<sigh>

Yeah... Those are divorce material, sadly

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Re: About to order my S for early June build!

eltel said:
So how come you are getting a customer specced model so early?
'Cos I gave them a grand in October 2001 & am 1st in line

Unless, of course, I'm being led up the garden path... again:rolleyes:

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
Re: Re: Re: About to order my S for early June build!

rich said:

'Cos I gave them a grand in October 2001 & am 1st in line

Unless, of course, I'm being led up the garden path... again:rolleyes:
Well that's great news for us all, as it seems that the 75 pre-specced units may have minimal effect on our delivery times.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that it turns out all right.

So that's 3 months, about 13-14 weeks. That will go pretty fast no doubt. It'll be here before you know it.

Regards, Eltel

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
eltel said:

Well that's great news for us all, as it seems that the 75 pre-specced units may have minimal effect on our delivery times.

So that's 3 months, about 13-14 weeks. That will go pretty fast no doubt. It'll be here before you know it.

Regards, Eltel
3 months to build it....5.5 months from today......5.5 months since paying a deposit........half way there. Blimey we are patient arn't we. :rolleyes:

If the pre-specced units arrive in June, I guess they are rolling down the production line as we speak.

Any Aussies going for one ?..... If they were dark Silver I would be very tempted........

cheers

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
snoopy said:
I thought Aus spec Cooper S started production in April. But only the launch edtion spec.
That's what I thought too

Expecting to see demo S in April or May depending on which dealer you ask:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: About to order my S for early June build!

eltel said:

Regards, Eltel
Pre-spec policy has cost me at least a month:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Oh well I do know how you feel about the wait.

But I think we can't be to hard on MINI aus. I think the set spec level was something that was forced on them by the factory.

After all they did get some production line time in Feb for our demo S that are arriving April/May.

Looks like I might have to go look at the international shipping moments to see what ships left GB and when they are due.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts