MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...

Well I'm almost about to purchase a new S and have been quoted a January delivery! Does that wait sound about right, this was quoted by two dealerships in Yorkshire...

The spec is as follows;

DS/DS
Chill pack
Radio Boost
HK
Auto air con
Cd player
DSC
Heated front seats
Heated Washer jets and door mirrors
Trip computer

Is there anything that I have missed off that is deemed essential? Looking to submit an order ASAP and what deposits do they tend to look for as forgot to ask them today?

What is the Anthracite headlining and I'm sure I read somewhere that the trip computer is standard.

Sorry for so many questions...

·
Riding on JCW power!
367 Posts
welcome to Mini2! you'll be hooked on it here!

well done on your order, nice spec, reminds me when I was speccing mine 4.5 months ago! i pick it up on saturday, its been a long wait but allowed me time to save :)

reference the anthracite lining, its a dark grey interior headlining similar to the porsche 911 etc, and looks very classy, I have it, well worth £100, trip computer is standard with chilli pack

deposits are suppose to be £1000 but most pay £500 like I did

BTW you have the perfect roads up there for the S! :D

enjoy and keep us posted

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the replies, I like the idea of having a dark headlining but was wanting to know if there is a light coloured headlining as my mate has it in his S?

Want to get it ordered this weekend, do they expect to take your spec straightaway or do they let you go away and think about it?

Not wrong about some of the country roads up here, some real good twisties to throw the S around!

Will check out your pics lukebuzzy.

Thanks again..

·
Motoring since 8/4/04 :)
553 Posts
yorkshire-sam said:
lukebuzzy, what steering wheel do you have? i like the look of it?

does the cooper s have a foot rest beside the clutch pedal?
It's the multifunction 3-spoke sports steering wheel. They don't offer the 2 spoke wheel over here anymore, but I've always prefered the 3-spoke more.

There is a foot rest next to my clutch. It's all on the wrong side of the car. Maybe someone with a UK spec Coooper S could answer for sure.

Luke

·
BEP Owner
189 Posts
yorkshire-sam said:
Cheers for the replies, I like the idea of having a dark headlining but was wanting to know if there is a light coloured headlining as my mate has it in his S?

Want to get it ordered this weekend, do they expect to take your spec straightaway or do they let you go away and think about it?

Not wrong about some of the country roads up here, some real good twisties to throw the S around!

Will check out your pics lukebuzzy.

Thanks again..
Well done on the order - sounds great!! I have the anthracite headlining in my car and I like it a lot - some people think its a "bit dark" but personal preference... i think you need to see these things in a car to help you make your decision.

Ref the order leadtime I ordered my S on 9 July and collect it THIS Friday - so just over three months - it seems to vary aournd the country....

One of the benefits of the wait time is that you can change your spec .... I made the last change to my spec in early September.... I checked with my dealer and basically put in "any old" order on 9 July just to get a slot on the build schedule for an S and then i decided on colour and extras after that. Only down side is that you get a lot of time to look at choices and my spec list just got longer and longer!!

Luckily this forum help you pass the time to getting the car !!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
yorkshire-sam said:
Hello...

Well I'm almost about to purchase a new S and have been quoted a January delivery! Does that wait sound about right, this was quoted by two dealerships in Yorkshire...

The spec is as follows;

DS/DS
Chill pack
Radio Boost
HK
Auto air con
Cd player
DSC
Heated front seats
Heated Washer jets and door mirrors
Trip computer

Is there anything that I have missed off that is deemed essential? Looking to submit an order ASAP and what deposits do they tend to look for as forgot to ask them today?

What is the Anthracite headlining and I'm sure I read somewhere that the trip computer is standard.

Sorry for so many questions...
Hi
In yorkshire too, the S is a fabulouscar for roads round here. Brill drive today from Kbnaresborough to Grassington. Not seen the anthracite headlining tho sounds good. My bbaby is an antique 2 in january 05 but no regrets

Richard

1 - 8 of 8 Posts