MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help - My 2009 Mini Cooper S is suddenly showing the error code of the circular arrow with a triangle and exclamation point inside - plus a giant exclamation point after it. It is throwing these codes: 00D36A, 00D36B, 00D36C (all with the description "No DSC message (synchronization), receiver DCS, transmitter DSC sensor - Absent") AND 005DFC ("Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) interface, DSC Sensor/DA signal fault - Absent") AND 00A0B1 ("Car Access SYstem (CAS), input, selector level position, implausible - Absent"). One local mechanic says we can drive it in town, no snow or rain, and it will be like a pre-ABS car (no anti-lock brakes). Our dealer is about an hour away and I fear thousands of dollars in repairs for a car we only drive a couple of times a week in town - we don't really need it. Any expertise with these codes or advice to me? Is it safe? Is it worth taking to the dealer to repair so we can sell it for it full value in a few months? Can we sell it "as is" with full disclosure? What is the car access system?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. Perhaps it explains why the car acts like the battery is dead sometimes - but it isn’t. Is this an expensive repair? Why doesn’t my local German car mechanic know this? May have to get it towed to distant dealer.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Low battery energy can cause the CAS to fail.
I currently have a CAS problem it's a pain to get fixed. The module is under the dashboard.
These people will test and repair if needed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Low battery energy can cause the CAS to fail.
I currently have a CAS problem it's a pain to get fixed. The module is under the dashboard.
These people will test and repair if needed.
Thank you very much - excellent information - well beyond my technical capabilities. We have an appointment at the dealer tomorrow - we know that will be expensive...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts