MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got abs lights come on on our mini today. Read codes and there were two. 1st was sensor other was speed sensor pulse gear.
Cleared faults and Fitted new sensor but lights still come on after I start driving.
Just the one fault now which is FD92 front n/s wheel speed sensor pulse gear.
Could someone clarify that this is the magnetic ring gone faulty in the hub.
If so can someone recommend a good oem or aftermarket hub.
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have cleared the tyre pressure fault but that still comes on when I drive it. All tyres are at 32 psi

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
the tyre pressure warning is run off the abs sensors ie when tyre is flat the wheel rotation is smaller than with pumped up tyres the abs slip ring and sensors picks this up as does the abs when hit brakes and slide the wheels same thing, so could just be the wiring to that wheel could be the sensor or could be the trigger ring , must common is failed abs pump on that wheel

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This happened just after going over pot hole. Changed sensor and that fault cleared just got the 5D92 fault which says wheel speed sensor pulse gear front left.
So can only imagine it must be the ring in the hub damaged.

·
Registered
6,265 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update fitted new hub and all sorted. Can only think the pot hole damaged the magnetic ring some how. Went for a FAG hub as that's all local parkers parts people had. They said its same as SKF and it was £112 so not a cheapy one. Hopefully it will last.
Thanks for comments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts