MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, a few days ago my ABS light came on, My car is still in warranty... just. My problem is that i have changed my pads to mintex ones and painted the calipers. I still have the old pads i can put on so thats not a problem but I cant do anything about the painted calipers, will this cause me any problems?

dont want them to say the reason the ABS is faulty is cos i've painted the calipers

What is the problem likely to be? Is there anything i can try myself before i mess about swapping the pads back?

Thanks in advance, Richard

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
My ABS light came on in my GP that has R56 front brake set up and JCM rears with Mintex pads.

Took it to the dealer for a fix under warranty - ABS pressure switch had failed.

No problems and no questions asked - mind you the dealer knows my car is heavily modded and I have a good relationship with them.

·
N.O.T.R.A.M.O.O
140 Posts
If your dealer does cause any problems, I would be stunned!

Painting the calipers, or replacing the pads for that matter will def. not do anything to the ABS, the only possible thing I can think you could have done is displaced the wheels speed sensor harness from its mounting and it has now fouled in the wheel rim, but I would think that unlikely.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'll check if they are all still in place, is it the sensors which have a blue clip? I know the front ones are just behind the wheel arch lining

1 - 4 of 4 Posts