MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right here goes

Last month run flat warning came on then ABS and ACS, lucky for me my brother is in the trade so had the error code checked, back right ABS Sensor.

So this week, finally decided to get it replaced, got the part and replaced the sensor 20min job not that bad, but the lights are still on, And with the old sensor I could atleast reset the runflat, the others would stay on (it would come back on after a few miles)

But now I can't even do that, I tried the 10sec then pull away but it just won't reset at all now :(

Am going to the codes read again, but as I replaced the sensor from last time am a bit stuck :(

Anyone any idears before i make the trip on Frday night to see my Brother

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update

Right just got back and the error is still back right speed seneor :angry:

But we can't reset the code, so I am lost, have replaced the item, could it be a wireing fault????

Now the stranger thing is the ACS light is on meaning I should be able to whell spin for fun, but I can't, lots of power and nothing no spin just pulls away.

Come on people HELP!!!!!!!!!

·
MCS n00b
6 Posts
Got a similar problem on my Mini, ACS, run flat light and ABS all on, checked all tyre pressures, all fine. Am waiting to go BMW to get it checked but thoguht i'd check on here first, no one know? :(

·
Registered
237 Posts
Me too :)

ABS, ASC and brake warning lights all on. Runflat sensor light not on now, but was on intermitantly before the other lights decided to be on.

Waiting to have codes read.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
i had the same problem a couple of weeks ago, took off the wheel gave the sensor a little wiggle and its fixed it, i think it just had a clump of mud stuck on it or something

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well guys I found out the reason why my ABS/DSC and tyres deflation lights keep going on an off
Few days ago I went to BMW workshop to check my rear interior view mirror. After they removed the mirror to check the part number and fixed it back I noticed that the warning lights did not go off until today. After I fitted the new mirror the warning lights went back to normal. It's sound weird.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Run Flat on then ABS

HI This is my first try
I bumped the rear near side wheel on the chirb the runflat light came on
I change the same wheel sensor made no differance so left it a bit then the light decided to go off for a bit and come back on, i change the new sensor to the off side no differance.
Changed the off side front sensor then ABS came on as well as the run flat, drove to work with it on, came back same day ABS light didnt come on only the run flat Decide to take it in to Mini garage
They said they had a record ABS Sensor fault, which the cleared and reset the tyre presure and it should be OK
Drove it 4 ft runflat light back on they said you need to change the ABS sensor,Changed the front nearside now i have ABS and runflat lights on perminantly
Can anyone help
Thanks
Phil

·
minimindymandy02
1 Posts
omg i have the same problem :( iv replaed pulse sensor and wheel bearing sensor!!!!! Lights went off for a day. dont know what else t try?!?!?!

·
Registered
3 Posts
bought another front sensor to see if i had a bad one, still no good ABS and Runflat lights on.
Does any one know a good mini garage in birmingham?

·
Registered
3 Posts
abs runflat

update
bought a new speed sensor to replace front nearside one i just changed
it cured the ABS light on but the Runflat light still comes on after moving a few feet.
a mate brought his bosch code reader round tonight
it read ABS front nearside
cleared it
it also had C1E5C RPA button fault
cleared it
Still the Runflat comes on
It read the C1E5C RPA Button Fault
could this be the reset button faulty?

RPA Switch is the run flat reset button
I took the switch apart put it back together plugged it back in
No warning light
has not returned for the last week
so if you have this problem (run flat light comes on and stays on ) try the switch first

·
Registered
121 Posts
Me too.....
After upgrading my brakes to JCW all round, now have a situation where, under normal braking, the ABS cuts in even at low speeds causing a judder and reducing the braking effect, not very nice in traffic! Eventually the ABS, TractionControl and Tyre pressure lights come on and normal braking is restored.
Sometimes, hitting a speedbump will trigger the warning lights.
I haven't tried to see if the ABS or Traction Control still works when the warning lights are on, maybe I'll go out later and try.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've had the ABS, Brake and ASC warning lights on permanently for a while now.

I had always thought it was a faulty wheel sensor, I was in the middle of the slow process of swapping them out without much luck.

My focus now has been a major parts swap between a wrecked 2006 MCS and my 2002; yesterday whilst working in the engine bay I found the cause of the light trifecta.

The wiring loom for the ABS control unit is routed under and around the bracket holding the the ABS unit. This loom was rubbing against the bracket and/or body and had worn through, shorting one of the wires to ground.

Getting to this wiring loom is not easy though.

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any updates on this, we have an R53, codes read, rear speed sensor, fitted 3 now, and a new hub and the light is still on.
Wires all look ok but will check with a meter to the abs pump.

Do the lights go out or do they need clearing?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Any updates on this, we have an R53, codes read, rear speed sensor, fitted 3 now, and a new hub and the light is still on.
Wires all look ok but will check with a meter to the abs pump.

Do the lights go out or do they need clearing?
No update apart from no problems with my ABS since the wiring loom transplant.

I would either try to unearth the wiring loom to the ABS control unit to see if it's been rubbing or go through the tedious task of checking continuity of the signal wires to the plug. I guess one must be shorted to ground (0V)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Right just an update.

Wire rubbed and replaced from ABS control unit on pump into passenger side footwell, job done we through lights went out until you get above 60mph and its back, stop turn off and drive a short distance and it goes out until 60 again!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
13 Participants
Rod the Bod
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing