MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IF any body has encounter a problem with the abs, TC malfuntion light on, thre a few faults but can not be cleared, the list of faults using Autologic.
5DD4
5DE3
5E2C
5E52
5DB7
A46B
5E11
5E2D
5E55
5E50
5DAA
5D8D
5DEE
5E4C
5E54
Is a new car but and not sure but suspect a ABS control unit fault.

Any ideas please, any help is valuable!
Thank You!:(

·
Not sure if its the same issue... but recently had my car in to get warning lights looked at. The ABS, traction, low tire pressure, brake warnings would flash up in sequence whilst driving (cruise speed) then turn off.

The brake warning light would also stay on for a little while if parked at a slope.

Turns out the car was low on brake fluid.

Car is 15 months old, 23000Km.

Dealer topped it up at no charge...

Hope that helps.

Dan

·
Nearly there
3,142 Posts
I have the same problem with an R53 after fitting Works brakes!!! But the lights stay on once Traction kicks in and I lose Traction control and ABS!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not sure if its the same issue... but recently had my car in to get warning lights looked at. The ABS, traction, low tire pressure, brake warnings would flash up in sequence whilst driving (cruise speed) then turn off.

The brake warning light would also stay on for a little while if parked at a slope.

Turns out the car was low on brake fluid.

Car is 15 months old, 23000Km.

Dealer topped it up at no charge...

Hope that helps.

Dan
I had the same problem, same solution.

The warnings usually came after a roundabout...:smile:

regards
damir

·
MINI memories...
508 Posts
My ABS warning came up yesterday. I tried stopping and restarting the engine, to no effect. As the manual says 'Drive home carefully', I did!

I called MINI Emergency, and they said to leave the engine switched off for at least 40 minutes then try again. I tried after a couple of hours, and the light still came on.

So, I'm off to the dealers today, if they can fit me in!

·
MINI memories...
508 Posts
An update on my ABS saga.

Short version: Call MINI Emergency and refuse to drive the car.

Long version: I got stranded at the dealer yesterday! The ABS control unit failed, so a part had to be ordered. The dealer had to advise me not to drive the car for safety reasons (although he hinted they would let me do so if I insisted) but MINI Emergency claimed that ABS failure is not an 'emergency' so they could not supply a replacment car. The dealer had no coutesy cars. BMW Customer Service said they couldn't help. The dealer guesses if I had called MINI Emergency and refused to drive the car after the failure, I might have got more help.

I was in no mood to argue, so I hired myself a cheap car to get home.

I hope all will be resolved with a new part fitted today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts