MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

New to the forum and also minis so please bear with me!!. Can anyone recommend a diagnostic unit for as my wifes 1st gen. Cooper(2002) has come down with the dreaded trifecta?
My Obd2 wont read any codes which I assume is normal. I want to get a unit that reads aircon/abs etc. I've checked all sensor cables for continuity and all looks well?
Also unrelated I hope i've now had the airbag light come on and horn stopped working but I assume that's the clock spring on the steering wheel! Thanks

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
not much around cheap and easy to use below link good autocom cdp plus
or bmw own software more complicated
or RAC and AA use this one wurth snooper link below
i ave all three the one i use most is autocom second is wurth snooper and bmw one rarely

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brilliant thankyou, and yeah nothings cheap anymore!! I'm sure I've spent more money on her mini r50 than on my landrover td5 defender and that's saying some!!!

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
ho yes i know that one for sure i bought a cooper s little while ago with a misfire and and smoking you never know until you now what anything needs these days really s all cars of 2000 onwards they just get worse as get newer it would seem m below link my little money pit, just glad my labour is sort of free to me lol still all sorted now and see how long it plays nice,, as for landrovers hmm the newer stuff is terrible tdv6 and drive lines

1 - 4 of 4 Posts