MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Has anyone noticed the abundance of mini ads in Toronto. I mean, I went downtown today and saw at least 5 or 6 giant billboards of the car. About every other bus shelter seemed to have one on it. Not to mention the ads I am seeing plastered all over NOW and Exclaim Magazines. Good job Mini Canada! I was wondering forever what kind of media attention we would be getting up here.

Now the only problem is that everyone who now goes to the dealership after seeing these ads are going to have to wait till the end of the year to get their cars from the large waiting lists. haha. I am soo glad I put my deposit last year.

I will try and take some pictures of them sometime soon.

Does anyone know what they do with the ads after they have been used in the bus shelters. I wonder if BMW has any they could send me or let me have. I would love to have an ad taking up a whole wall of my bedroom or something.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Screw Point B.

Snapped this at a bus shelter at Yonge/Eglinton, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
The World is your Go-Cart Track.

Billboard on Eglinton Ave. W., west of Avenue Rd., Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Take Me To Your Pylons.

Bus Shelter at Yonge/Eglinton, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Attachments

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
Paul_Mullett said:
Take me to your pylons?

What is that supposed to mean?

:confused:
I was just thinking the same thing..;)

My Brother emigrated to Toronto a few years back and was pig sick when he saw my MINI during a visit back home last Christmas..:)

Any Canadians out there know if these ads have gone as far as Hamilton as my brother has just moved out there..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re: Screw Point B.

noahe said:
Snapped this at a bus shelter at Yonge/Eglinton, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
ROTFLMAO ! :D :D :D :D :D

That's made my day and...I couldn't agree more ! In fact, I want a sticker for my back screen with that slogan on.

Thanks

Albi

·
Registered
147 Posts
Paul_Mullett said:
Take me to your pylons?

What is that supposed to mean?

:confused:
Paul,

Maybe you have a different term? They're referring to the orange traffic cones--often used to demarcate an autocross/Solo II/gymkhana course. Or was your question rhetorical and I'm just daft...

Shawn

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Yup, pylons are the orange traffic cones. I think it's a play on words, stemming from "Take me to your leader", but referring to doing a slalom around traffic cones.

That one is a bit weak.

I did like the "Screw point B.", "The world is your go-cart track.", "Parks faster than a Ferarri."

The MINI.ca television commercial is also very good, but I cannot figure out how to share it with all of you. I mentioned to Paul once, to see if MINI Canada would allow MINI2 to have it, but I'm guessing no - since I never heard back.

My web page couldn't possibly handle the traffic if I put it there and posted a link... Any other suggestions?

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
A pylon in the UK is used most commonly to descrive those large metal structures which hold cables, and sometimes sattelite dishes etc.

A traffic cone is called a traffic cone.

:)

So take me to your pylons makes it sound like the MINI wants to be electrocuted!

·
Registered
86 Posts
You Brits are so literal !

So Paul, next time you are in North America, ask the hotel staff to "knock you up in the morning" (i.e "give me a wake up call" in UK parliance) and see what the reaction is !

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
"You'll really feel the roadkill."

Just saw another billboard. Same picture as the Go-Cart Track one. Says "You'll really feel the roadkill."
No picture though... Didn't have my digital camera with me.:(

·
Registered
281 Posts
Noahe, which mini commercial are you talking about? The only one I know of is the "my money's on the little guy" ad that I posted here a few weeks back

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
There are two versions of the "My Money's on the Little Guy" ad. There is one with a guys face all stretching and his arms swinging wildly in all directions, I think it's tag line was something like "G-Force can be a mother".
One last one with a winding road, and a MINI zipping along. 4 in total?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts