MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Armed to the teeth
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that BMW do not sell AC Schnitzer for the mini in the UK anymore, due to the tie up with John Cooper. But does anybody know whether their gear knobs are generic across the whole BMW range, thus fitting the mini gear stick??

Also I notice from AC Schnitzer's site they mention a "short shift" anyone know whether this is the same idea as the whalen short shifter or is it a replacement gear shifter?

Thanks

·
Registered
262 Posts
i was told when i had my schnitzer handbrake fitted that they were not the same as the bmw 1's as they had to take mine off the demonstrater as they only had 1 deliveried to the garage... ever. i didnt have the gear knob because i wanted my whalen but if its the same as the handbrake, it could be a no-no.

best of look :)

PS, a word of warning, the vast majority of the ebay schnitzer pedals, handbrakes and gear knobs are cheap, nasty fakes. if you do really want 1, ask them to try a 3series schnitzer knob in the bodyshop for you. i bet with the chance of a sale theyll have no quivers on just whipping off the gear knob (5secong job)

·
230whp an counting
3,056 Posts
icheatatscrabble said:
I know that BMW do not sell AC Schnitzer for the mini in the UK anymore, due to the tie up with John Cooper. But does anybody know whether their gear knobs are generic across the whole BMW range, thus fitting the mini gear stick??

Also I notice from AC Schnitzer's site they mention a "short shift" anyone know whether this is the same idea as the whalen short shifter or is it a replacement gear shifter?

Thanks
PM Minty hes ur man on this question mate :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts