MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Work'd Up !
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...
I have an 05 JCW and have noticed an acceleration problem :confused:
On the 10th september she went on for her stage 1 service, im not saying this is the reason why but it started happening shortly after this..
The only way to describe it is, say you are in 6th and drop down a gear it holds back and sounds like you slipping the clutch, then picks up, it only happens in higher gears saying accelerating from 3rd upwards, and back down again it Really drops back then picks up again, its never done this before! Any advice/ideas would be greatfully appreciated, she's going into the stealers on Wed but would like to go amred with a few ideas if possible :)
Thanks
Dawn

·
Registered
48 Posts
Does it feel like the ATC is kicking in when you try and give it some from a junction of the lights?

Could be the bypass valve on the supercharger, also sometmes referred to as a "boost valve". Ask them to check that when they take a look, mine did same and valve was replaced, not an expensive part <£50 I think - not sure how much time it takes though.

Once mine was switched all was good - also made car much noisier as it was gasping for air properly again.

mor7s

·
Work'd Up !
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya :)
On pull away she dosent seem as fast but not that bad..
Its the acceleration say when dropping from 6th to 5th etc thats really noticable, it sounds like its struggling then pcks up really unevenly.
Im going to suggest i take the techician for a drive to show him as they have a 'habit' of not finding anything wrong :rolleyes:
Someone else did mention the bypass valve too, fingers crossed thats it.
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts