MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to remove the accelerator pedal from my R50 Cooper. I can get the bottom to slide to the left, but I don't seem to be able to get the upper part to release. I need to remove it so that I can dry out the carpet from the dreaded blocked sunroof drains!

Can any body give me some tips, or point me at a technical resource?

Thanks

· Registered
1,302 Posts
It only took a few seconds to search, probably will take longer to remove :)

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I can also Google. I have already watched this. The guys says “and it should pop off”. This is where I am stuck. I was hoping for some tips or insight from folks who have done this themselves. That’s why I came to the forum.

· Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

Just had to do this to fit a throttle booster.

There is a clip on the left side of the pedal housing accessed via a small slot. You need to use a flat head screwdriver which you place at the top of the slot and push down while pushing the pedal housing to the left (it is on a slider at the base of the pedal. Be careful not to break the clip (like I did, the mount is sits on is easily replaced though if you get it wrong).

The actual pedal housing has two lips that you need to get the clip past. Don't be surprised if it initially moves a wee bit and then stops, this is just the clip catching on the second lip.

Regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.