MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - I can't be the only one that's seen this. But I did do a search and didn't come up with any other posts.....

A friend who knows I love my MCS sent me a link http://www.autospies.com/article/index.asp?articleId=3683 and asked me if I was going to upgrade to the '05 to get the new "feature".

This is too funny to be real.

Enjoy,

Dave :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
dco43054 said:
OK - I can't be the only one that's seen this. But I did do a search and didn't come up with any other posts.....

A friend who knows I love my MCS sent me a link http://www.autospies.com/article/index.asp?articleId=3683 and asked me if I was going to upgrade to the '05 to get the new "feature".

This is too funny to be real.

Enjoy,

Dave :D

Posted a comment and for fun poked around their site. They had an Article on the new Chrysler 300c when it was a concept car. They thought it was the ugliest concept car. :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
314 Posts

I read a post somewhere on this site where this guy was actually complaining about a 'whining' sound when the engine revved up past 4000rpms.

Sheesh.

·
Registered
628 Posts
The service bulletin is legit, I have seen it with my own eyes. And the popping/burbling noise is indeed a designed-in sound for the '05 models.

The people who are claiming it as a defect obviously don't get it at all -- the '04, '03, and '02 models don't make this sound (well you can get them to do a quieter version if you really try) and nothing about the layout of the exhaust has changed, so why would there all of a sudden be a "design defect" after 3 years of production that affects EVERY car? It doesn't make any sense.

It is a normal sound designed into the exhaust and it sounds great to this enthusiast's ears (part of the reason I'm upgrading from an '03 to an '05).

Reading the comments on that thread it sounded like a couple MINI owners were complaining about it, too. If you didn't want to have a fun and sporty driving experience, why'd you buy a MINI? Sheesh, just go get your Chevy Aveo and be done with it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
188 Posts
its not only 05's that make the popping my March build 04 MCS makes the popping sometimes too and i luv it i think its so cool :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts