MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is a Sep 2004, which means it's a face lift with the 3 spoke wheel. It has MFSW, but being an early face lift it doesn't have phone buttonson the wheel, just stereo ones. Just now it has a Parrott CK3000 hands free kit which works really well but has a separate display which I hate.

The car has nav and I'd really like to retrofit the integrated bluetooth kit using the nav for control / display, but I think I'm right in saying that the kit is only available for cars with the phone buttons (presumably it was made available as an option at the same time as the phone buttons were added?)

Can anyone tell me how much work is involved in adding the phone buttons? I expect it's too much to hope for that I just plug a new left control pad in and it works.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris. I had virtually decided just to buy the module and see what it looks like, but now I'm confident enough to do so for sure.

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
As said in my PM, yes you can upgrade your wheel
For others who have the 3 spoke mfsw without phone buttons;
We keep the new panel with phone buttons in stock NewMINIStuff.com
Or we do a full kit containing the new button panel, plug & play interface & parrot phone kit
NewMINIStuff.com

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mikey,

I am looking at completing the same process, how hard is it to complete?

Also could you please PM me with the required parts and instructions?

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Fitting the new spoke is easy, just release one side of the airbag, remove screw from rear of spoke, pull out & unplug, fit new spoke
Our phone kit that uses it is plug & play - remove stereo (see our diy page) unplug, connect our kit & plug into stereo.
Fit microphone at the top of the a pillar, run cable down door rubber, hide kit in dash end panel. DONE
NewMINIStuff.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts