MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Adieu my friends.

Summer is still some way off and I am spending too much time here . . I have things to do, etc, etc.

I`m afraid I might yet take my name off the S list if the on-going reliability issues continue to threaten the experience!

Meanwhile, I`m sure DiamondGeezer won`t mind me posting this image of a silver Civic Type-R taken after hitting sheet ice from a burst water main in the Bedfordshire village of Millbrook, near the Test Facility early last Thursday morning.

I feel really sorry for the guy - and yes, the car did end up rolling onto a pig farm.

No prizes for the best caption, but please feel free - R1 would probably laugh his nut`s off and come up with "and they say pigs can`t fly?"

I however, might come up with "it couldn`t happen to a vet"!

If you happen to look in here - be careful (all of you) and enjoy your new supercar DiamondGeezer!

(My thanks to the Bedfordshire on Sunday newspaper.)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Caption...

Civic Type-R fails in attempt to beat MINI slalom time. Driver & passenger unhurt and remain with car

OR

Controversial styling of new Honda leads to amorous attention from prize boars

OR

Boy racer in souped-up shopping car stopped by the pigs

err... That's it

:D

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Jakx said:
Adieu my friends.

Summer is still some way off and I am spending too much time here . . I have things to do, etc, etc.

I`m afraid I might yet take my name off the S list if the on-going reliability issues continue to threaten the experience!

Meanwhile, I`m sure DiamondGeezer won`t mind me posting this image of a silver Civic Type-R taken after hitting sheet ice from a burst water main in the Bedfordshire village of Millbrook, near the Test Facility early last Thursday morning.

I feel really sorry for the guy - and yes, the car did end up rolling onto a pig farm.

No prizes for the best caption, but please feel free - R1 would probably laugh his nut`s off and come up with "and they say pigs can`t fly?"

I however, might come up with "it couldn`t happen to a vet"!

If you happen to look in here - be careful (all of you) and enjoy your new supercar DiamondGeezer!

(My thanks to the Bedfordshire on Sunday newspaper.)
I hope it has nothing to do with the Type-R thread being committed to the vault Jakx ?. This has now been put back into circulation again by PM.

As you know, my own order for the S is still under review, and BMW Australia have been silent regarding my letter i sent them, but I still think that BMW will have sorted the problems by the time the S gets released. Zoooooom is so happy with his Cooper he's ordered an S now. And many here who have had replacement cars have nearly all got ANOTHER MINI. That must say something.

Anyway, best of luck with whatever you may do, and hope you decide to stick around.

Cheers Jakx.

PS. G'day :)

·
Registered
612 Posts
Don't leave us Jakx, not alone, in the dark, with the Hondas.

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
My car's November build and I've got absoultely no problems with it at all. Even the drift to the left has sorted itself out!

saying that, it's in the garage at the moment having a dodgy wiper blade replaced, but that's hardly BMW/MINI's fault!

My MINI has convinced me to get a Cooper S (possible works conversion) at some point in the next few years. I'd say the problems seem to be becoming a lot less common, and they've finally got their act together

Dom

·
Registered
183 Posts
CONFIRMED**********

CIVIC very quick......... but

HANDLES like a pig;) ;) ;)

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Dom said:
I'd say the problems seem to be becoming a lot less common, and they've finally got their act together
I think so as well:)

I will find out in just over a weeks time if I am right, as I take delivery of my Cooper ;)

LMB:D

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
And they say pigs can't fly. ;)

So long Jakx. Come back soon. By the way, my MINI's well sorted now. :D Stay with the "S" order ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts