MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
land of hope and glory
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well bought my mini one insured it with swinton :hmph: and was paying 380ish fully comp for 2 drivers and no mods except the alloys.

they didnt even ask if it had chilli/pepper ect..... and i didnt know you had to declare it.

well like most i wanted to mod the mini, so rung my insurers to see how much extra it would be.

they wouldnt touch it with a stick.

so i rung adrain flux and got a quote, i'll be getting better cover and it includes all the mods i have and the ones ive stated i will be doing and my quote is..........wait for it.............cheaper than the standard insurance price i was paying.

unreal,

365 all in fully comp for 2 drivers and protected, lower excess too and inc all the mods im going to do or already have done.

so cheap i even added there AA type cover on top for 45 quid....£410 all in total.

also told that any future mods not mentioned wouldnt lead to a hike unless they where performance mods,

i was expecting a price hike, to say im shocked is an understatement.

thumbs up from me.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Well i swapped from Tesco to Adrian Flux last year when i swapped R53 MCS for R56 MCS Works as Tesco weren't keen on my 9 points:rolleyes:

Adrian Flux were cheap then, but just got my renewal through.............................and it's silly cheap.........£325..............i'm in shock:eek:

·
Mrs Beastie
364 Posts
I'm sure I'm older than all of you, with a stack of ncd and Mini Insurance wanted to add £100 a year to the premium because we have a JCW spoiler on our Clubman! Apparently it makes it more desirable and therefore a higher risk:mad:
The thought of someone nicking a Clubman because it has a spoiler seems odd to me, but hey ho...we stayed with Greenlight and saved ourselves about £250 in all.
Another interesting question from Mini Insurance.."is the value of the car less than £40,000?" and also "what size engine does it have?"

I suppose you might be able to spec a mini to 40K but it would be one hell of a spec ;)-

I'm not sure they know what Minis are? Best avoid them I think :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree with the comments on adrian flux. I have not bought a car yet, but have been looking long and hard for a JCW. Im 20, almost 21, no NCB, so i expected insurance on a works to be really bad, they quoted me just over 1500, with my father on it too. I thought that was pretty good, especially considering that i had been quoted 2500+ else where.

However do any of you know if there are any other insurers out there that might be able to give me a competitive quote?

Also does anyone know much about the second hand JCW market, as im not entirely sure what to look out for in terms of a bargain, 8-12k budget.

Hope someone can help.

Gray

1 - 5 of 5 Posts