Hi, Ive just bought a Clubman D :D its one of the launch spec cars:

Nightfire Red with Silver roof mirrors and c-pillars
Pepper Pack
Chrome Line Interior
Fluid Silver Trim
16" Bridge Spokes
Colour Line Dark Grey
Smokers Pack

Got the car for a good price only done 800miles, but I want to make the car my own not the same as all the other launch spec cars heres what i'm having done.....

Wheels changed to 17" Crown Spokes
White Indicators
Silver Bonnet Stripes
3 Spoke Steering Wheel
Oh and a Dog Guard ( Reason for changing from my Cooper D)

Question is has anyone any ideas what else I can change to make the car diffrent.

2 weeks to pick up as my private plate needs transfering so i'd love any ideas as to what I can do to it while its still with the dealers before collection?

Thanks Katy

·
MINI MAD in IRELAND
572 Posts
Hi Katy,
Only got my Clubby last week.
Agree with the changes you have made so far.
I recently got a set of Viper Stripes fitted to her and they totally change the look of the car.
Look amazing on the Clubman at the rear especially.
Would suggest you get them instead of the standard bonnet stripes.
Have a look at my thread for photo's.
Ferg.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'm not keen on stripes but changing the mirror caps and side vents might help; and no launch cars had the wooden steering wheel, which has a much nicer feel IMHO than the usual one.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Katy,
Only got my Clubby last week.
Agree with the changes you have made so far.
I recently got a set of Viper Stripes fitted to her and they totally change the look of the car.
Look amazing on the Clubman at the rear especially.
Would suggest you get them instead of the standard bonnet stripes.
Have a look at my thread for photo's.
Ferg.
Thanks MiniMpi, Looked at your thread late last night, Great looking Clubman hence I phoned the dealer this morning and changed the bonnet stripes to silver Viper Stripes Thanks enjoy your mini :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not keen on stripes but changing the mirror caps and side vents might help; and no launch cars had the wooden steering wheel, which has a much nicer feel IMHO than the usual one.
Thanks dlpruk, Changed the side vents today to JCW :D , Thinking about Chrome mirror caps

I would most certainly go for changing the side vents. Been meaning to do mine ever since I bought it. That and a stubby ariel did that as soon as I got home small garage and all that.
Thanks Shaun, I have a shorter ariel that I have fitted to all my mini's so they will go in the garage ( garage door low ) What sort of ariel have you fitted and do you get good radio reception it would be nice to put on a new ariel as the one I have has been moved from one car to another !!! Thanks Again

·
Mr Big Stuff
3,475 Posts
Thanks Shaun, I have a shorter ariel that I have fitted to all my mini's so they will go in the garage ( garage door low ) What sort of ariel have you fitted and do you get good radio reception it would be nice to put on a new ariel as the one I have has been moved from one car to another !!! Thanks Again
Just a cheap one from a local motor factor reception seems ok though.
I had a really nice very short one on the S but it was Blue so I bought a Black one to match the Clubman roof. Wouldn't mind one of those Alta ones but couldn't justify spending the money :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Think Chrome Mirror Caps are a must on any Clubby with a silver roof.:D
Still thinking about the mirror caps need to make up my mind by wednesday thanks

Just a cheap one from a local motor factor reception seems ok though.
I had a really nice very short one on the S but it was Blue so I bought a Black one to match the Clubman roof. Wouldn't mind one of those Alta ones but couldn't justify spending the money :D
Mine is off a new van my husband brought home from work identical to the mini one but 1/2 the length! I have 2 very small ones that I bought off ebay but the reception was awful with both so i gave up :(

Have you a picture of yours?

·
Registered
12 Posts
So sorry. It was the end of the day and my own fault. I took a step back to make sure my spelling was correct before pressing the send button and completely overlooked that it is a D that you are getting. I have driven the D and you will still find it a great experience, along with being very frugal on fuel and other costs.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So sorry. It was the end of the day and my own fault. I took a step back to make sure my spelling was correct before pressing the send button and completely overlooked that it is a D that you are getting. I have driven the D and you will still find it a great experience, along with being very frugal on fuel and other costs.
Thanks Gemini, my last car was a Laser Blue Cooper S with a chrome bonnet scoop & viper stripes it looked great :D But due to fuel costs and my daughter moving schools ( more miles )
I bought a Cooper D in Jan never looked back the fuel guage hardly moves and its still loads of fun to drive :D

My boss has been kind enough to let me take our dog to work each day hence the change to the clubman!!! I bought a demo as I didnt want to lose the cost from new in such a short time and it had to be a D maybe one day I will have another S when my daughter leaves school as long as fuel stops increasing by the week :smile:

Enjoy your mini !

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
How wonderful that you can bring your dog to work!:biggrin:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How wonderful that you can bring your dog to work!:biggrin:
Its a great job and my boss is great too!!! Alfie ( miniture schnauzer) just sits under my desk all day and at lunch time myself and 2 or 3 other members of staff walk him for 1hr everyone returns refreshed and im sure much more work is achived :D

Even customers come and ask were he is and bring him treats

It will be great when I get my clubman no more climing in the back of the car to get him in and out !

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Everyone for the ideas, I finalised the the changes to my car today should be able to pick up the end of next wk :D

Spec as follows:

Nightfire Red / Silver Clubman D
Pepper Pack
3 Spoke Steering Wheel
Chrome Line Interior
Fluid Silver Trim
Colour Line Dark Grey
Silver Viper Stripes
17" Crown Spoke Alloys
White Indicators
JCW Side Scuttles
Cooper S Fuel Cap
Chrome Mirror Caps
Smokers Pack ( handy coin holder )
And the Dog Guard

Can't Wait :) wish DVLA could transfere my plate quicker :(

Thanks again for the ideas !!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
At last my plate is transfered :smile:

Just had a call to say I can collect my clubman tomorrow lunch time :D

Have to clean my Cooper D today cant hand her back dirty ! ( shes looking for a new home )

·
Mr Big Stuff
3,475 Posts
Still thinking about the mirror caps need to make up my mind by wednesday thanks

Mine is off a new van my husband brought home from work identical to the mini one but 1/2 the length! I have 2 very small ones that I bought off ebay but the reception was awful with both so i gave up :(

Have you a picture of yours?
keep forgeting to say no but have took one on the phone. the bottom of this ariel has gone a bit discoloured so it might be hands in pockets time :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts