MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,
i have white cooper s wing mirrors on my mini and i have seen some stickers on ebay that will turn my wing mirrors into the chequred type. would anybody recommend this product?

secondly, i have seen posts saying i should be putting premium unleaded in my Cooper S. Is this true? cos ive been filling on regular since feb.

Finally, i paid for the mini dealership waxing in Feb........ how long does this last for and when should i start re-waxing.

Many thanks from a novice mini user!

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Right first of all, if you want the best stickers/graphics which will last speak to Phil at MINI PIRATE.com || 2007 || Mini Decals & Graphics

You don't have to use premium fuel in the MCS, but if you did you might notice slight increases in power and MPG

Depends on if they waxed the car or if they gave it some kind of protection treatment, you're probably best to ask them what it was they did and what they recommend. But you can wax it yourself and it will only add to the protection;)

·
Derv? Nein Danke.
130 Posts
I put 'normal' unleaded in my Cooper S all the time.

Most of our driving is on the motorway and so wouldn't really feel the benefit of the extra performance the Super gives. I don't think the extra cost of Super would return enough extra mpg to make financial sense.

The Cooper S performs well enough for me when I want it, though if I were to have a couple of weeks off work when I'd be 'driving' :wink: it more, or planning to do a track day I'd start using Super a couple of weeks before to enjoy its extra oomph.

I've had graphics put on my car by Phil at Mini Pirate and wouldn't hesitate to recommend his work to anyone.

·
231bhp on Lohen's dyno
1,741 Posts
Hi Chris, welcome to MINI2:biggrin:

I should imagine it would be a bit of a nightmare putting vinyl on the mirror caps, all those curves:puzzled:. Phil the Pirate (Top Man:wink:) would be the best to talk to about it, or buy some chequered caps from ebay or the classifieds on here.

I've always used BP Ultimate or Tesco's 99 in my car.

Regarding the wax, if when you wash the car the water is still 'beading' the wax is doing it's job, if not, you should give it another coat.

Good luck

Cheers
John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts