MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Damned
4,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting the JCW Air Filter mod fitted last week, have been looking for a way of further improving Airfow into this Amazing Unit :cool:
My mate who also had his MCS done at the same time decided to try the Ociari Vent route as a way of "Force feeding" the inlet cowl.
Went and had a look at his progress today and although the nearside unit was a doddle, the offside, with the Wiper mechanics beneath it, is proving a bit tricky to do.
The problem lies with trying to get the 4mm wingnuts onto the fastening screws of the inner sandwich plate without either ...

..Dropping the nuts into a place they cant be got out of !!
(& how are they retreived once they`re there ..magnet on a stick didnt work :rolleyes: )

..Not ripping fingers off :eek:

Does the Plastic Bulkhead panelling have to be removed to do this job, or is there a better method ??
{.....and do these Vents actually improve the Induction process ?? } :confused:

Thanks
:)

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
good luck.
did mine ,not too hard to do just find some with a small hand to retrive the wing-nut.
use silcone caulk on a finger tip applyed to the ends to secure.
great look lots of comments.
other threads have shown not to expect any performence gains.
doug

·
Damned
4,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
aokdoug said:
...did mine, not too hard to do just find some with a small hand to retrive the wing-nut.
use silcone caulk on a finger tip applyed to the ends to secure.
great look lots of comments.
other threads have shown not to expect any performence gains.
doug
Thanks Doug,
I spoke to Andy today, (the guy who was originally having trouble fitting the Orciari Scoops), & he says he eventually managed to secure the second scoop by pre-attatching new 4mm nuts to the sandwich plates, and then thumb-tightening them when secured in position. ...(The rogue wing nut was never found :eek: )

As you mention, a blob of silicon on the tightened nuts after placement should prevent any vibrational loosening but still allow their removal when & if rqd.

As for any performance gains, well this is purely subjective as no dyno test has been carried out, but he insists it is definitely performing better.
Remember, we have both just had the JCW air filter mod carried out which adds around 5bhp, so an increase in air pressure brought about by these scoops in the vicinity of the new filter housing should, you would at least think, aid the engine induction process further.

He says they have certainly increased the amount of air brought into circulation around the cabin as the A/C & Fan Air Input is also within the cowling area.

I`ll see if anyone does the Orciari Scoops in chrome, then probably get them myself :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts