MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

There is 2007 MINI Cooper S with 35k miles for sale that I am really interested in. I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on whether it is worth purchasing such a old model even though it has low milage. Are there certain things that I should be looking out for, concerns with this for year or in general?

Here are the specs:
2007 Mini S
6 Speed Manual Transmission
35,229 miles
Cold weather package
Convenience Package
Leather interior
Sunroof
Bluetooth
Navigation

The site that it is listed on says: Car has recently passed 200-point mechanical inspection. Recent repairs: new serpentine belt, new wiper blades.

Here is the CARFAX Report: goo.gl/rJg8mQ

If all goes well with the test drive I plan to take it to a mechanic to have them look into condition of the tires, clutch, transmission, engine, catalytic converter, and the air conditioning.

Does anyone know the like lifespan of most catalytic converters?

Thank you in advance for all of your help!:big_grin:

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
If you're considering a 2nd Gen Cooper S model you want to avoid one with the problematic N14 engine, which means the 2007 - 2010 model years in the US and builds prior to March 2010 in Europe.

·
Registered
263 Posts
As above.

The cat should last well over 100K, but that boils down to how the car is driven and you cant really check the cat as such only the emissions.

A low millage car does not mean the engine is good, as its often used for short journeys and that will cause problems to the engine.

Car just serviced, then soon up for sale, that would make me look deeper into the car, as it may have issues (I may be looking to deep into it)

·
Registered
801 Posts
I just sold a car and got it serviced and moted just before, not hiding anything, just wanting to give the new owner 12 months grace before they need to do either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
k3fus
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing