MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Mini Cooper Countryman
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need some advise. I found a 2011 mini copper countryman for sale. it only has about 70K miles and it low priced. I believe it is the base model, which I am bummed out that it isn't the S but its a brother-in-laws mothers car that has been taken really good care for and can get it for a steal. When looking at these cars is there anything to look at or be concered with?

My question is, has anyone added an aftermarket turbo to these? Was it a pain?

In a way, I want this to become project car and I know I can go out and just look for a countryman S.

I greatly appreciate your advise

·
Registered
10,026 Posts
just go find the car you want it to be as adding anything is borderline impossible as everything is coded to that car and any donner car you might find to add such stuff to it, better off adding the few thousand quid it would cost to prob fail and just buy a better car, adding a turbo would mean a cooper s turbo engine complete as they are direct injection all non turbo cars are not, the ecu is totally different as is wiring harnesses and then the abs and bcm is totally different ,,
your in the states could pull out all the electrics and engine and gearbox pull rear seats out and stick a LS 3 in the back would be good fun at least would know the electrics might work,, EU and jap cars etc all run canbus network for electronics and cause and prevent a lot of mods as never get ecu out of limp mode on many things without a lot of reprogramming of ecu's etc ,, if you can afford the latest cooper s countryman with bmw own 2.0 petrol engine then that is the one to buy that engine is fairly strong 300bhp out the box they use it in the m1 m2 and couple of other combo's , we mapped a bmw m145i think it was off top of my head ended up at over 400bhp but the way it gave that power was borderline evil one of those cars that can step out on most of its gears when driven hard ,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts