MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a day !
popped in to my dealer for advice on why the tyres are cracking between the treads on my 05, 55 MCS(long story) and happened to look in the Mini showroom while I was waiting. Wow - they had a GP in. Of course it was sold as I expected BUT round the corner was ANOTHER for Sale !! £25995, 50miles on the clock and registered. Story is that a local guy bought 2, kept one and sold this one back to the dealer for £1k profit.

I was gobsmacked and in a fit of madness asked for a price against mine ! As usual they have come in very low so there is some negotiation to do but they can't get a PCP quote until Monday as BMW finance can't work out the residual 'balloon' so easily on such an unusual car ! My theory is that the residuals will hold up much better than a regular MCS and so financing such a large amount may not be as expensive as I fear ?!

Question is - what do you think of the price ? Is it REALLY worth it and have they definitely all gone ? (anyone know of any others for sale ?)
I have put a provisional deposit on it to secure it but will not sleep tonight with the prospect of paying £26k for a MINI ! I haven't told the 'boss' and wait till she hears that it is only a 2 seater ! Am I mad ?:aargh:

·
~
936 Posts
£25995 FROM A DEALER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I nearly fell off the back of my seat!

Firstly I find the "selling back to the dealer" for a 1k profit thingy very hard to believe.

You can get one for less than that on eBay; but I woud'nt give those losers any money.

If you are serious about getting one, drop me a line, My dealer has a cancelled order @ a much more reasonable price.

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
£25995 FROM A DEALER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I nearly fell off the back of my seat!

Firstly I find the "selling back to the dealer" for a 1k profit thingy very hard to believe.

You can get one for less than that on eBay; but I woud'nt give those losers any money.

If you are serious about getting one, drop me a line, My dealer has a cancelled order @ a much more reasonable price.
I was told they weren't allowed to sell over list but then again that could be from new. With regards the £1K probit buy back? Hum...........I doubt that very much.

Ebay prices are pretty high, I saw someone bid £23,800 for one the other day but it didn't meet the guys reserve.:rolleyes:

·
~
936 Posts
Looks like I may have to book myself in for an R32 test drive..........see what all the fuss is about, Check out the competition; wink wink

301....woohoooo:biggrin:

RB: PM Sent.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I was told they weren't allowed to sell over list but then again that could be from new. With regards the £1K probit buy back? Hum...........I doubt that very much.

Ebay prices are pretty high, I saw someone bid £23,800 for one the other day but it didn't meet the guys reserve.:rolleyes:
Dealers cannot sell over price from New (Franchise terms & conditions), but reselling at over RRP can be done when the vehicle is used. Market conditions determine the resale price.

GP's have sold out and the average going price used is 25K. Case of supply and demand.
Same thing happened when the Cabrios first came out.

·
~
936 Posts
Dealers cannot sell over price from New (Franchise terms & conditions), but reselling at over RRP can be done when the vehicle is used. Market conditions determine the resale price.

GP's have sold out and the average going price used is 25K. Case of supply and demand.
Same thing happened when the Cabrios first came out.
Seriously; I have'nt seen any GP's go for 25K!

Yes, they are being listed for 25K, BUT THEY AINT SELLING FOR 25K, just ask zoooom his went on eBay a few weeks back for 23K and the most I have seen one bid up to is £23,600 But it didn't meet the guys reserve, he might have sold it through second chance offer, but it didn't make 25K.

I don't know about dealer prices....but I woudn't be suprised if they start going for 26-27k in the future, just as I won't be suprised if they start going for 20-21K in a year's time.....(hope that's not the case) It's as you say, "Supply and Demand" so it's us, eventually that will determine the price.

P.S one ending on eBay in 2hrs £23.500 current bid "reserve not met".
But be advised this one looks dodgy as the picture is a 'Cut and Paste' from another auction wich ended last week +Plus it could be a duff bidder, either way we won't know as it's a private auction..........

·
Registered
940 Posts
The first GP's were seling for over 27K. Check the press articles.

E-bay has only seen the same three or four cars for sale, most of which were trying to be sold as places on the waiting list until MINI intervened. To some people thats a bit off putting. Remember cars are trying to be sold at over RRP when the remaining cars are still being built and delivered to pre-order customers.

When there is a chance that people can still get a cancellation through a dealer people will not pay over the odds. (My dealer had a cancellation and it sold within 24hrs once word got out.)
The true resale value will only become known when production ends and all the cars are delivered.

PS Roo Bear.

Try this with the dealer, The MINI computer system had specific instructions to dealers regarding speculative sales:-

"Dealer Allocation
The MINI Cooper S with JCW GP Kit dealer allocation guideline is based upon agreed YOR for 2006. The YOR bandings and allocation are as follows:
Up to 149 = 1 unit
149 – 249 = 2 units
250 – 349 = 3 units
350 – 449 = 4 units
For each agreed RE92 allocated, MINI UK will remove one unit of MINI Cooper S RE32 allocation for 2006. Dealers who do not wish to have their allocation of the RE92 can opt for MINI Cooper S RE32 instead. In this case please contact your Regional Sales & Marketing Manager.
IMPORTANT: Due to limited production numbers and expected demand, it is imperative that dealers do not order more than their allocated limit.
Customer Orders
When placing an order on IVS we also advise the dealer to take a £1,000 deposit from the customer, (deposits should be retained by the dealer rather than forwarded to MINI UK) and fax a completed Customer Registration Form to MINI UK. Please be aware that all orders will currently sit at status 0037.
Due to the nature of these vehicles, dealers are reminded to be extra cautious with regard to resellers. Please note that all orders will be checked centrally for multiple speculative customer orders.
Demand Over Allocation
Some dealers may not sell all their allocated volumes, so some extra cars may become available through this route. If a dealer has used all of their allocation they can record further demand by completing the Demand Over Allocation Form. Deposits should not be taken for these cars and forms should only be filled out for genuine customer requests. Positive fulfilment will be confirmed by your Regional Sales & Marketing Manager.
Literature
A bespoke flyer is to be produced for this car however it is not expected to be available until Quarter two of 2006.
Systems Updates
IVS is available immediately.
SA3, Kerridge and FAMOS will be updated in due course, once pricing and full specification has been agreed."

Basically if your dealer sold a customer a car knowing it to be a speculative sale they are in breach of the MINI corporate instruction, and possibly in breach of their franchise agreement.

Maybe you should remind them of this and then see what the asking price will be, I would say it should be sold at RRP as they never should have sold it to the original customer in the first place.

·
~
936 Posts
Yep I can only agree, once all the re-sellers have been weeded out, and all dealers have sold all allocations; then we will know the true value.

At the moment the scallywags, get all excited about a 1-2k profit, so you can still pick one up for a reasonable price, but once they are all in the hands of loving owners-like myself- Hopefully the prices should remain steady.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts