MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Amiga 500 to PS3 20 Years
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Pioneer P9300R wired up for a while now but I still can't work out what adapter I need for the radio aerial.

What did you guys use.

I presume it is a BMW 3 series one but there's more than one sort and they don't have any in Halfords to compare.

Please help.

·
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Minty but the aerial lead isnt ISO coz I've already got that adapter and it doesn't fit.

I'll mail autoleads.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Halfords stock the adaptor you need (not an ISO adapter) - the adapter you need is a one piece affair with no fly-lead.

The male end is the old fashioned long central pin and long shank - the female end is short and wide to suit the MINI lead in the car.

Quite expensive at £5.99 considering what you get!

·
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Silverstone have you got a part number or at least what car it's for. 3 Series?

I've been to Halfords and they haven't got one the correct shape in stock so I'll have to order. No help unless I know what I need to order.

Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ginge,

'fraid I binned the box with the part number on it yesterday, sorry!

The part is not vehicle specific, it is a very common part to convert Japanese (long/thin) to European (short/fat). It was hung on the racks with all the other aerial bits in the store.

My Alpine radio came with one as part of the fitting kit (which I lost! - hence having to buy another at Halfords). Sorry I can't be more helpful.

·
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK cheers Silverstone. I'll have to have another look.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
the adaptor you want is a PC5-100 that is the one if the PC5-27 does not fit cos there are only the two types and its listed under New products summer 2001
I have some on order but autoleads are currently out of stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts