MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have read all the threads on this but am still very confused :puzzled: so would love to hear form someone who has actualy done this or knows about it. i have a 57 plate petrol Cooper and would like one of the above Aero grills ( have been on the phone to several mini garages and still cant find the answer - some say there is only one aero grill and the above two are actually the same thing ?) anyway i would like to fit the center part only if possible and use my exsisting chrome surrounds if possible? anyone know if it is and which one of these i need ?
i read on another post the JCW aero for the petrol Cooper with existing chrome surrounds?and the aero for the ccooper D with a cooper s bottom surround ? but want to make sure this is right as i am bieng told different storys from my dealer :aargh: :hmph:- pwlease help :):)
thanks, Julie

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone ?.... really dont know which parts to order and the my dealer does not seem to know either :puzzled:

·
Registered
310 Posts
anyone ?.... really dont know which parts to order and the my dealer does not seem to know either :puzzled:
Yes it can be done, I have it on my Petrol Cooper. All you need to order is the JCW Aero Grille. I will dig the part number out for you. It was about £30ish.:D

Mine is here.

Flickr Photo Download: 17022008044

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right this is the part number for the JCW Aero Grille with out the holes for spotlights. Not sure what the number is for the other Grille.

All the best.

Oh thanks very much this has been driving me nuts today :frown:
i have no spots so this is what i am looking for :nice: did you have to mod it at all or is it a straight swap?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Oh thanks very much this has been driving me nuts today :frown:
i have no spots so this is what i am looking for :nice: did you have to mod it at all or is it a straight swap?
You're welcome. No mods at all need to be made. The only thing I found tricky, was removing the 4 plastic plugs that hold the Grille in. Try and pull them out evenly, you need to use some force but just be gentle and they will pop out.

Once they are out - remove the grille and the lower surround, then attach the lower chrome surround to your new grille. it should just clip in place. then pop it all back and your done.
:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts