MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried a search for this but can't find any other discussions of this issue.

The R50/R53 aero kit installation instructions mention that the radiator grille and top bumper grille can be painted body colour around the edges to achieve "an even more sporty appearance" (see attached screenshot of installation instructions). I recently had an aero kit installed at a dealer and specifically mentioned they follow this recommendation and get the edge painted. From photos I've seen on this forum and other websites I've noticed that maybe 1/20 aero kits have the curvy edge painted, so expected my grille to look the same.

Surprisingly, it came back with the entire edge of both grilles painted! I was surprised, and checked the installation manual and the part indicated to be painted is technically the whole outer edge.

What do you guys think? I've never seen a mini with all of the edges of the aero grille painted like this. I'm not sure if it looks strange or not...

One more thing - they forgot to paint the part of the bumper that shows through behind the upper grille grey - also mentioned in the instructions. I've since sprayed this part myself matt black. See attachments for before and after shots. I've seen loads of the minis on this site with the same painting error - does anyone else notice this?

Attachments

·
Registered
398 Posts
I quite like it, i probably wouldnt have bothered painting the grill edges but having seen it on yours it does look good!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
scraggles
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing