MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Linuxpro
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I purchased a cooper s jcw on a 04 plate a few months ago it has everything except the brake and suspension pack which i am a bit disappointed in but i can live with, I have had a few little problems with the car the usual water leak in the boot, wiper relay and now i was getting it ready for the winter by giving it some tlc, clay bar and polish and noticed the back bumper is very loose in the middle above the exhaust in the middle i can push it in a good couple of inches as if they are a bracket missing so i have had a look at it and cant see anything missing i have even taking out the reverse light to check and still cant find anything missing it has the aero kit on it has anyone else had this problem ?

Thanks

·
Mini Cooper S
13 Posts
Hi

Regards the question about the section of bumper above the exhaust. Yes there should be a bracket which sits behind the fog / reversing light. When I had a 05 S with the aero kit fitted, I had to have the rear bumper re-sprayed as the shade of red was lighter than the rest of the car:angry: and when I got the car back I noticed that the twits in the bodyshop had left off the bracket!!! I only noticed this when I was cleaning the car and found out like yourself the amount of movement in the bumper.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts