MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a few cars with just the side skirts fitted, subtle and looks pretty good in my opinion. I have a few questions....

Can someone give me price for the parts, just a pair of side skirts?
(Heard they were in the new accessory brochure but cant get a hold of it)

Can people who have had just the skirts fitted give me an idea of how much it cost them?
(All in price, parts, paint & fit)

Would you tell your insurance company about them?

Thanks

BC

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone had them done for less than £435 at a dealer?

Can you guys tell me what the breakdown of that cost is? e.g. how much for the parts alone and how much are we being robbed of for painting and fitting?

Cheers

·
MINI-no-more
1,415 Posts
Had mine fitted back in the summer for the princely sum of £550 :eek:. Crazy money, but I'm happy :D. I notified my insurance broker who told me there wouldn't be a premium increase because they aren't a "performance enhancement".

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts

·
Registered
6,466 Posts

·
JP :-)
1,901 Posts
I think they are about 150quid each from BMW painted :cool:

I assume it is probably the same fitment as the existing side skirts so I would save the extra money and fit them myself :confused: :)

·
220 of your finest horses
3,009 Posts
Either I was ripped or.............

I had the Aero skirts specced from day one. Damon Hill charged me the best part of £900 to supply, paint and fit them! :eek:

If anyone got it done for less, I don't want to know - and yes I did tell my insurance (they don't mind and didn't charge me any extra - just told me to keep my proof of purchase and take some photos - you gotta love Liverpool and Victoria!)

S:yeblack:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What happens to the stainless steel sill plates with the Cooper S logo that are on the standard sills? Are they gone forever, or transferred across, or do you get new ones with the aero side skirts?

I was going to order them today but might wait depending on the outcome of this...

Cheers

BC

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts
bc_seventy_six said:
What happens to the stainless steel sill plates with the Cooper S logo that are on the standard sills? Are they gone forever, or transferred across, or do you get new ones with the aero side skirts?

I was going to order them today but might wait depending on the outcome of this...

Cheers

BC

You have to buy new ones... They cant be taken off without damage. But what I would say is keep the s skirts and sell them on ebay.

·
Can't wait to order one.
42 Posts
Not to sound ingnorant, but why didn't you guys get them as optional equipment when you bought the car? Were they not available?

And can you get the dealer on an 05 to add JUST the front bumper, or side sills seperatly?

·
220 of your finest horses
3,009 Posts
Invoice says

bc_seventy_six said:
Can someone give me price for the parts, just a pair of side skirts?
BC
Dug my sales invoice out and it seems I paid:

Supply and fit side skirts £723.00 plus £126.60 VAT!

Anyone got them done at a dealer cheaper? - If so I'll pop back and ask for a partial refund!

·
Registered
588 Posts
BOYR4CER said:
You have to buy new ones... They cant be taken off without damage. But what I would say is keep the s skirts and sell them on ebay.

Thats what the dealers say.however I took mine off without any trouble ,theres a thread on here telling how to do it.......basically you get a flat bladed knife ( I bought one of those thins used to scrape paint off windows 99p from B and Q,and gently lift up a corner of the alloy plate slide the blade under and carefully work along the length of the sill to cut away from the glue......its very easy and will save you best part of £70.I recall the plates are about £35 each.

The only reason for the dealers damaging them is
a) they want to sell more parts and b) they cant be bothered to take the time and trouble to do what Ive described

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts
s_and_m said:
Dug my sales invoice out and it seems I paid:

Supply and fit side skirts £723.00 plus £126.60 VAT!

Anyone got them done at a dealer cheaper? - If so I'll pop back and ask for a partial refund!

MY GOD!!!

Its £420 sprayed and fitted by the dealer!!

I cant believe a company could rip you off like that!! Go give your mini dealer a call and ask them how much it would be for the two side skirts sprayed and fitted. Let us know. Unless you had something else done aswell????

1 - 20 of 21 Posts