MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of putting the full aero kit on my new 05 S

Has anyone got pictures of the back view. I want to compare the difference to my current S

Thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
If you do a search of the members galleries, you can find it...

Or, go to miniusa, configure an S, check on the rear view, and add the aerokit--then you flip back and forth between the two looks. Personally I don' t think the aerokit adds much for the S; I'll probably get it though when I get mine--but if it was a cost issue, it's not much bang for the buck, compared to the front and sides.

·
Registered
126 Posts
In my gallery there's one pic of the rear. Not sure if the '05 Aero is any different.

Note: the bit that looks like cheesgrater holes is just a sticker, no actual holes

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have set up a gallery, but there's no button to view it with under my posts.

I Can't see how to enable this???

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
Raify said:
I have set up a gallery, but there's no button to view it with under my posts.

I Can't see how to enable this???
User Control Panel ---> Edit Profile

Scroll right to the bottom and under 'MINI Personal Gallery'

Click 'yes'

And save :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
ScottyB said:
User Control Panel ---> Edit Profile

Scroll right to the bottom and under 'MINI Personal Gallery'

Click 'yes'

And save :D
Nice one! :D

·
Yatta!!
8,313 Posts
dinnerlady said:
Hi pic of rear Aerokit bumper
Bodykit looks excellent, as does the whole car :)

Wish I'd gone with CR! :eek:

Would it be too rude to ask how much it cost to get the whole kit fitted?

·
Registered
287 Posts
£1300 for complete Aerokit fitted by dealer before we collected car, and thanks we love the effect the Aerokit gives

·
Registered
77 Posts
harveyjoseph,

Any trouble getting the paint to match the body? The photos look great - those side skirts make a huge difference in the look of the car - in my opinion.

I'm just worried about the painters getting the color right. Who did the work for you? How much did just the side skirts cost?

Sorry, lots of questions. One more thing. The plastic wheel arches have a texture to them, did they sand them down, or just paint over them?

Thanks in advance!

Scott

·
Motoring since 8/4/04 :)
553 Posts
scott_roberts said:
harveyjoseph,

Any trouble getting the paint to match the body? The photos look great - those side skirts make a huge difference in the look of the car - in my opinion.

I'm just worried about the painters getting the color right. Who did the work for you? How much did just the side skirts cost?

Sorry, lots of questions. One more thing. The plastic wheel arches have a texture to them, did they sand them down, or just paint over them?

Thanks in advance!

Scott
You can get the kit pre-painted in limited colors now in the states. List price is about 1700 bucks.

Luke

·
Goin to fast to look back
1,823 Posts
scott_roberts said:
harveyjoseph,

Thanks in advance!

Scott
Cost me about $1500 including the Aero skirts and JCW sill plates. They sanede them down and heat treated them. My work was done by sublime restoration. They do great work.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts