MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about having the bmw mini aero package fitted to my mcs. Does anybody know how much it will cost to fit inc. fitting? Also, what are people's opinons about the bmw mini aero package, is it any good.

·
The REAL King of Bling
261 Posts
JONATHAN75 said:
I am thinking about having the bmw mini aero package fitted to my mcs. Does anybody know how much it will cost to fit inc. fitting? Also, what are people's opinons about the bmw mini aero package, is it any good.
Its BY FAR the best bodykit for the Mini, it is perfection! Mine cost £1480 inc VAT, painting and fitting, but the price varies from dealer to dealer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had a quote of £1200 inc vat & fitting. Really want it done. Would mean a premium increase and would not be covered by insurance.. but what the hell. However I have just banged a nail through a water pipe at home. SO that's the end of that for a while anyway.... bugger.

·
Maxin' and Relaxin'
423 Posts
i'd definatley phone around before ordering it. when i phoned my regular dealer they quoted me £1350. tried another dealer who is actually closer and they only charged £1100.

worth every penny tho!!

jus need sum 18's now :D

·
Mr Buttons!
837 Posts
I think there's at least 15 different kits available for the S. However, I think that none of those kits can match the look of thefactory aero kit. I had it installed on day one, and I've loved it ever since. :cool:

·
Maxin' and Relaxin'
423 Posts
Welbo said:
I noted that my dealer after installing the Aero side skits, my 2 MCS door sills is no more in sight???!! Anyone have similar situation like me??

Cheers!
:dark:
same thing happened to me but i got my old skirts back and the sill plates are still on them. i'll swap them around when i can be bothered.

or maybe just order the john cooper works ones. :D

·
Taller Than You!
1,183 Posts
Just got quoted £1400.00 inc VAT and Fitting from Benham Mini Stockport

Can we make a list of dealers and cost for MCS aero kit install would be useful, so if you have had an aero kit fitted or have a quoted price please say which dealer and where and the price.

Cheers,

Andy

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
Toooo much

andeh said:
Just got quoted £1400.00 inc VAT and Fitting from Benham Mini Stockport

Can we make a list of dealers and cost for MCS aero kit install would be useful, so if you have had an aero kit fitted or have a quoted price please say which dealer and where and the price.

Cheers,

Andy
for £1400 you could get:

- 700 pints of finest ale
- a luxury holiday for two
- petrol for a year
- insurance for 1 or 2 years
- 1400 sandwich baguettes
- 140 bottles of Pouilly Fume
- a top class hooker for a weekend (over 18's only!!) :eek:

So - is a body kit really worth it ???

:) :D :confused: :D :) :)

Cheers,
CSW

·
///M Power
5,066 Posts
Cooper S Works said:
for £1400 you could get:

She'd need to be good to be worth that sort of money... :D .... I think I'd rather spend it on the aero kit... well I did actually.... not that I'd ever spend it on the other... :eek: :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Jonathan,

The aero kit should cost you no more than £1100 fitted from any Mini dealer. The figure of £1400 being quoted on some replies is the cost for the aero kit for a Cooper which does not have the aero roof spoiler as standard. All you require are the bumpers and skirts.

Damon Hill Mini in Warwick were excellent and fitted the aero kit to my new Cooper S for £1100 incl. VAT.

Makes a big difference to the look of the car and as everyone else has mentioned also looks the best of all the kits available.

Regards

Marvin

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
Cooper S Works said:
for £1400 you could get:

So - is a body kit really worth it ???

:) :D :confused: :D :) :)

Cheers,
CSW
Or a dirty scrubber every night for a month. :eek:

It looks especially good on some colour cars, CR being my favourite. Looks useless on DS.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Anyone know if the kit is available in seperate pieces? Personally I'd be interested in just the front and wonder if anyone has a part number for just that item (and all it's assoiciated pieces).

TIA! :cool:

·
Mr Buttons!
837 Posts
rdragon said:
aero kits are purely aesthetics right?
Yup, purely aesthetic

Not that it would help you guys across the pond, but MINI of Mountain View in Northern California charged me $3500 :eek: parts + installation, the main reason being that they don't have their own fitting station. They had to give it to some bodyshop.

·
Taller Than You!
1,183 Posts
Thanks for the reply Marvin £1100 does sound about right and I see ure point about the extra for a Cooper or Mini One as they require the spoiler.

Will see what my dealer thinks....

Cheers,

Andy

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.