MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
the end
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I could do with some advice/tips for fitting an aerokit spoiler!

I currently have NO spoiler on my ONE, and just wondering how to fit it best. I have the GLUE , but do i need some drilling done? eeeeep

also if i do, bolts ? how much/ where from/ part number?

thanks dudes!

·
JP :-)
1,901 Posts
it's all glue, no need for bolts etc

I fitted the aero spoiler myself, and it hasnt fallen off yet :p

1) make sure the area is clean

2) use the wet/dry sand paper and just give your roof a quick sanding (Lightly) and then do the same on the spoiler

3) time for the Glue, it's very messy so make sure you have a good area to work at and also a damp cloth, then it's a matter of lining up the spoiler, I have mine resting on the black trim around the roof and it looks good

4) when you have the spoiler in place and it glued, use some tape, (masking or duct) to hold it in place until the glue sets it needs about 8-12 hours so make sure u dont need to go anywhere,

I done mine on a Sat evening, went out for the night, had a few drinks, and then come Sunday afternoon after I had recovered the spoiler was firmly in place ;)

hope that quick " How to do" helps, if you use the search feature I think you will find some pictures and other guides on how to fit the spoiler aswell ;)

Jp

·
the end
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all glue baby

really all glue? must be like cement!! lol

i just thought maybe it would snap off if i shut the boot or something!!!

anyone done the drilling lark?

if not, ill get my prit stick out later!

:D

jpsmini said:
it's all glue, no need for bolts etc

I fitted the aero spoiler myself, and it hasnt fallen off yet :p

1) make sure the area is clean

2) use the wet/dry sand paper and just give your roof a quick sanding (Lightly) and then do the same on the spoiler

3) time for the Glue, it's very messy so make sure you have a good area to work at and also a damp cloth, then it's a matter of lining up the spoiler, I have mine resting on the black trim around the roof and it looks good

4) when you have the spoiler in place and it glued, use some tape, (masking or duct) to hold it in place until the glue sets it needs about 8-12 hours so make sure u dont need to go anywhere,

I done mine on a Sat evening, went out for the night, had a few drinks, and then come Sunday afternoon after I had recovered the spoiler was firmly in place ;)

hope that quick " How to do" helps, if you use the search feature I think you will find some pictures and other guides on how to fit the spoiler aswell ;)

Jp

·
MINI2 Irregular
596 Posts
So what about taking a spoiler off then?
I have the standard Cooper spoiler and may want to inject it with steroids and change to the aero spoiler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts