MINI Cooper Forum banner

Aerokit with Chrome Grill

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  crazyBastard 
#1 ·
Anyone got any pics of a pure silver Mini with the aerokit, the black sticker things and the top and bottom part of the chrome grill? Like this one:

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Damo said:
SkinnyRunt has something simler, ie Chrome Grill on Silver Aero, not sure about the stickers, i prefer it without
Would I be able to change the bottom part of the aero grill back to the chrome grill if I didnt like it or would I have to get a bodyshop to do it for me? Thanks

#7 ·
Its odd why they've made odd fits for the lowere part of the grills, I wished they made it so that it would be a staight swap, many of us MINI owners love our chrome, but also want the aero kit without losing the chrome, as IMHO the black aero grill doesn't suit all colours.

#8 ·
Ibb said:
Its odd why they've made odd fits for the lowere part of the grills, I wished they made it so that it would be a staight swap, many of us MINI owners love our chrome, but also want the aero kit without losing the chrome, as IMHO the black aero grill doesn't suit all colours.
Do you know if anyone has instructions for fitting the lower chrome grill onto the aerokit front bumper? thanks

#13 ·
contacted JCW today and they have told me how to do it,however they also say that the main dealer may get stressed and there may be warranty issues the job is very simple to do but can be time consuming hence why dealer will not do it(maybe????).
I will be going ahead and doing it to my cooper S and i will post pictures when it is done,in the meantime if anybody wants to know how it is done then please contact me on karlbwg@blueyonder.co.uk

#15 ·
how to install grill instead of mesh to aero kit[/FONT

1with the mesh grill removed from the bumper you need to offer up the chrome surround to find out the position of the new holes.once that is done you may be required to secure the center part of the chrome surround with either araldite or the double sided number plate sticky pads

2for the grill part the same thing needs to be done as for the chrome surroundbut instead of sticking the grill in place a hole needs to be drilled so that a securing lug can be located and then secured in place with a split pin or something

I have been told by JCW that the final effect does look stunning and the reason that JCW does this is that the MD of JCW doesn't like the all black mesh grill.

If you are after a more detailed brief then phone 01903784784 and ask for ROB that is the guy that I spoke to

P.S he also said be VERY careful when removing the chrome strip from the original bumper as it is quite delicate :D :cool:

Karl :D ]

#17 ·
Do you mean like this?

yes i do know how to do it. like this:

you have to remove all the clips and use double sided tape. i took the clips down till flush with the part. add around 6 layer of the tape and stuck it on. it worked well. the other center part is a bit harder, but i also used double sided tape (in the backgound of the photo). you really need to make sure that it is centered because it is about the same size. to make it all look neat and flush you have to have it just right..

how many people would buy a grill that looks just like this but snaps right in? this might be a product we bring to market.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.