MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Does anyone know if it's possible to aftermarket fit aircon to an auto MC. Any ideas on costs and any recommendations? (Based in UK)

Also has anyone had the new style xenons fitted aftermarket?

Thanks in advance!

SW

·
Mini OneS Owner
150 Posts
Xenon Retrofit kit is £125 Incl VAT. That's next on the list, I just pulled my Mini to pieces to fit the aftermarket Alarm, look here!

Still, nice to get to know Mr Mini...

Horgy

·
Mini OneS Owner
150 Posts
I couldn't tell you, I fitted the Alarm easy enough, it's just tedious. I think you might have to get the washers coded at a dealer though, that can be up to an hours labour. Where you located?

Horgy

·
Looking good in MOC
141 Posts
Horgy said:
I couldn't tell you, I fitted the Alarm easy enough, it's just tedious. I think you might have to get the washers coded at a dealer though, that can be up to an hours labour. Where you located?

Horgy
I'm in Luton.
My MOC is booked inat the local dealer for a diagnostic check on Wed so i will ask them about it then.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Not sure where the price of £125 came from for retrofit facelift Xenons. You need to have old style Xenons already installed and although there are no prices available yet on the retrofit facelift Xenons, to replace Xenons on a new car (in let's say an accident repair) would cost £385.00 each!

You can retrofit air con, but it has to be auto air con. The parts alone are £1200 and it's big time labour. If you need to know more, let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.