MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gps navigation and the Harmon kardon stereo in my 04 mini S
I DON'T have Bluetooth or aux input though which I really hate . Is there a plug in module for the stock system that allows for an aux cable input ? I swear i seen one and it plugged into the glove box actually and mine has a removable plastic piece in it too.
Next question : IF I decided in run an aftermarket head unit would I still be able to use the stock Harmon kardon amp to power the cars speakers?
NOW I know I may loose some GPS functions and I could care less if I lost them all..i have a phone and like 3 hand held GPS so my cars 15year old map is laughable .

· Registered
635 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aaaaaaand what exactly is that for . The listing has pretty vague info ...
I guess reread my post because that thing you showed me is of no use and answers none of what I asked .
I'm aware how to buy a wire harness and mount for an aftermarket kit, they sell them at Wal-Mart even and that's all common sense .
I'm asking are there any stock extensions I can get for my current sound system or if I install an aftermarket head unit will it retain the kardon amp and subwoofer???

· Registered
1,144 Posts
I guess reread my post because that thing you showed me is of no use and answers none of what I asked .
I'm aware how to buy a wire harness and mount for an aftermarket kit, they sell them at Wal-Mart even and that's all common sense .
I'm asking are there any stock extensions I can get for my current sound system or if I install an aftermarket head unit will it retain the kardon amp and subwoofer???
humm, I think you need to look at the link as it IS what you need and perhaps apologise? The HK enabler allows you to retain the amp etc with an aftermarket head unit of your choice.

You can continue to use the factory satnav, but you’ll not be able to hear it anymore, which by the sound of it you’re not worried about.

· Registered
635 Posts
The kit I have linked does exactly what you asked for. It allows you to retain the HK kit and use it with an aftermarket head unit.

· Registered
2,316 Posts
You can't plug in an aftermarket head to the HK system.
Here in the UK we buy one or other of these units from eBay - one has AUX/USB and the more expensive version adds BT and hands free phone capability.
I imagine theymust offer them in the US? Unless there are some import, legality rules pertaining.
Basic one:
More functional one:

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WHAT nigelk posted , does that plug into the back of the stock head unit and I didn't see if it said if it's comparable with the H.K sound package?? If so that's exactly what I need and would want. I'm sure I could import it, lol my knock off galaxy note 10+ made it past customs .

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well . After all your guys input and reading I'm just ordering the 20$ aux cable that will plug into the back of the stock Harmon kardon head unit .
ONE MORE QUESTION. Is there a stock subwoofer or just the 6x9s, front 6in??? And the tweeters ? Because if not, this is the best sounding stock bass having sound system I ever heard . My brothers Veloster with stock 8in subwoofer doesn't have as much or clear bass..

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi Nigel,
Sorry to jump in on this post. I bought a new Pioneer DEH-S120UB receiver to replace the stereo in our 2006 R53 Cooper S with Harmon Kardon fitted. The adapter i bought gave power to the unit but no sound. The supplier said that the car is amped and their adapter wouldn't work with this. Can you confirm that the above linked harness adapter will work with my system??
Thanks, Rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.