MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
My 2010 R56 Mini has the basic Boost system. I am planning on doing the channel swap mod.
Does anybody know if I can add a pair of aftermarket tweeters to the system without any problems?
I'm guessing I could tap into the speaker cables for the audio signal, just not sure if it will have a bad affect on the rest of the system.
Many Thanks in advance

·
Registered
330 Posts
I got my A pillar replacement covers with the tweeter mount from an online breakers (partsgateway) for £60 and second hand 4ohm tweeters from Fleabay. They come with the capacitor already fitted inline. Spliced into the front speaker wires in footwell. Great result.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Cheers buddy. Thats one way Im thinking of going or just getting a pair of surface mount ones with a built in crossover?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just fitted a pair of Focal Integration TWU15 tweeters together with Newministuff's cable swap. Big difference! Going to fit a Pioneer TS-WX70DA sub in the boot next weekend.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You could try fitting German Reckhorn T1.0 soft dome tweeters that come with high pass capacitor and are dirt cheap (google Reckhorn Tweeters). Can't vouch for the sound, but I have a pair of Reckhorn D-165 subs (also very cheap) fitted to a sealed enclosure on my Z4 and they are very good. Failing that a pair of Hertz can be picked up for around £30.

Personally on the mini I would fit the tweeter on the door panel below the mirror sail. That way you can crossfire them and because they are close to the 4" mids in the door the soundstage will not be too confusing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
MiniArcher
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing