MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just changed from dark silver to electric blue after seeing the photos on the "coming to America" thread.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Not me guys...................it's Indi Blue with white roof all the way :D :D :D

Love the dark blue the most, but also like the BRG and dark silver.

·
Registered
237 Posts
After switching from nearly every color available this past year, I have now camped on the Indie Blue, white top (no sunroof) and natural wheels (not white).

I really like the chrome on the mini and the indie blue really sets it off.

Wish I didn't have to pay the extra $400 dollars for the metallic paint however...

·
Registered
663 Posts
Seen the colors in person you guys are considering and and waiting to see all black in person...Would like to put the $400 to xenons/etc!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Having seen the Indie Blue after a little use, I am sure I am going with Dark Silver. The blue, while it looks so rich and deep, it easily shows swirl marks from washings. So if you are at all concerned about that go with pure or dark silver.

I will also be getting the white roof/mirrors and possibly the 17" wheels in white. No sunroof though, because I don't like the control panel for it. It seems like they just slapped a black plastic panel with 2 generic switches on it up there. When all other switches are so nicely designed(flip switches) this seems to be a poor solution.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Smiffy
Don't you mean one of these:

I think by any definition, I am in love with my future Mini. Ie, I think about it all the time, I bore all my friends and colleagues rigid talking about it all the time, every time I see one, I can't help staring at it. I need help,quick....now where's a copy of that Kylie Minogue video? (with apologies to minicoopergirl for being so sexist!-)

Anyway, less than a week to go now. I got a sneak preview of my little beauty just before it's PDI:

Indie blue with a sunroof looks the business. I think that it actually looks better with a sunroof. I feel that the contrast between the dark blue and the white roof is a bit overpowering if the whole roof is white. What do others think?

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
i didnt know you were getting a C1 :D :D :D

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
loder said:

Not when you consider that Dark Silver and EB are only available on the S which there won't be nearly as many of.
Silver is common for the current MINI's on the street. The dark silver will probably be as well when the S hits the streets

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
howieb said:
Indie blue with a sunroof looks the business. I think that it actually looks better with a sunroof. I feel that the contrast between the dark blue and the white roof is a bit overpowering if the whole roof is white. What do others think?
I was going to get a sunroof with mine, but when the dealer showed me a white roofed MINI with one, I quickly removed it from my options list. Added air con and 17" S Alloys instead

·
Registered
930 Posts
howieb said:

I agree with you about the whole roof being white. I'll be getting the Union Jack roof option (probably) and my Cooper S will look something like this:

·
Registered
48 Posts
S2000&CooperS said:

... and my Cooper S will look something like this:

;) good choice S2000&CooperS with the Union Jack roof option but it would definitely look better with WHITE side view mirrors instead of black IMO

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I love the colour & the roof :cool: :cool: :cool:
But not sure on those stripes :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Was dead set on yellow with big black racing stripes but after seeing pictures of actual cars at the VPC's....with their anemic yellow paint....I may have to go with all black with big yellow stripes, yellow wheels and other yellow goodies. I hope we can convince MINI to produce a second vivid yellow to go with the pastel eggshell fluid yellow as most of the other colors are represented by two choices. If others feel this way, please email MINI as I have already done.:cool:

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
You mean like PORSCHE :confused: :confused:
They have 2 shades of Yellow:
Pastel Yellow
Speed Yellow

:cool: :cool: :cool:
Speed Yellow is the biz :cool: :cool: :cool: :D :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts