MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, hypothetical question here, if the air con is not blowing out any cold air at all, and assuming that a re-gas doesn't fix the problem, what am I looking at in terms of cost to sort the problem out?

I'm assuming that if a re-gas doesn't work, then I'm looking at a new air con compressor, or whatever it's called, anyone have any ideas how much this would cost to fix?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
First make sure you are checking with the blower on, the air con doesn't work with the blower off. Secondly if the system doesn't make horrible graunching/whistling/screaching noises a simple re-gas will almost certainly cure the problem. Make sure who ever you use extracts the old gas and dries it before refilling.

Reactions: Filbert

·
Registered
6 Posts
First make sure you are checking with the blower on, the air con doesn't work with the blower off. Secondly if the system doesn't make horrible graunching/whistling/screaching noises a simple re-gas will almost certainly cure the problem. Make sure who ever you use extracts the old gas and dries it before refilling.
And if did... for a while... and is now dead silent, what do you recon then? Dead compressor? (=> replace compresser, dry out, vacuum and refill the gas?):confused:

- MC'02

·
Registered
316 Posts
There may be a leak from one of the pipes, but it most definatelly will just need a re-gas. The re-gas company will check for leaks prior to your re-gas, this is common practice. The compressors (usually) are not prone to brake.

Let us know how you get on. Plenty of cheap home visit re-gass companies in your local paper.

·
Registered
507 Posts
There may be a leak from one of the pipes, but it most definatelly will just need a re-gas. The re-gas company will check for leaks prior to your re-gas, this is common practice. The compressors (usually) are not prone to brake.

Let us know how you get on. Plenty of cheap home visit re-gass companies in your local paper.
The post was in Sept 2009

·
Registered
2 Posts
AC not blowing cold

I have a 2002 "S". I'm also just getting warm air but it does blow cool some days. Yesterday I had cool air, today warm air. Last week warm and cool, never really cold. When I turn the control to warm it really blows warm but when I turn back to "Lo", it only blows warm not cold. I have the little snowflake on too. :confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
ZahirBaba

Hello room can anyone advice i am having problem with my air condition,compressor is replaced but sill not cooling in fact if i by pass wire from the relay it engages and cools that means i can not on nor off it from the panel inside.all i can do is to increase and decrease the blower speed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts