MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,as i have mentioned before im going to order a mini one for next march.But still cant decide on what extra options i want!Typical woman!I cant decide if i want air/con or a sunroof.I cant really afford both,when i come to sell in a few years would it make any kind of difference?As i know these days people like to have air/con.I must admit i havnt seen what the sunroofs on a mini look like.Are they electric?Can anyone out there help me decide?Thanks :confused:

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
LETHAL BIZZLE said:
:D no exxxpense spared :D POW!!!!
Nope.....didn't care one jott about how much I spent!!! Well I did to a certain extent but had made my mind up ages before I ordered Minnie that she was going to have both!!! In my mind you have got to have what you are happy with so it was both for me :D

·
Peoples Republic Of Cork
1,150 Posts
I'm now on my 2nd MINI and both have A/C , any one I drove with s/r I didn't like too noisy and I would worry about rattles later .in my opinion it has to be A/C , I use it all year round as well much quicker de-mist etc in the mornings
Gerard

·
Registered
362 Posts
Sunroofs are heavy, with all the weight high up. They reduce the headroom, and can leak and rattle.

Aircon is the only thing that will actually reduce the temperature. It is also very good for demisting.

I would go for aircon and no sunroof.

·
FLOWER POWERED!
856 Posts
I have got Air-con on my mini, no sunroof. I to couldn't afford both but with experiences with both on previous cars decided the air-con was of more use ALL year round. Keeps the temperature down in the summer and is excellent for de-misting at other times!
You need to think about how much you would use the sunroof, it's an expensive extra!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Air/con or Sunroof

Thanks for your advive everyone,i must admit am a bit concerned with all the comments about the noise the sunroof makes!I have just been use to having a sunrof,but mine is a vinyl sunroof so it doesnt make a noise.Not sure i would want one that does!Thanks for all your help guys,have found this forum really helpfull.As i didnt know much about the mini,i i have learnt quite a lot from reading your threads.Cant wait to get mine! :)

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
amandachannon said:
Thanks for your advive everyone,i must admit am a bit concerned with all the comments about the noise the sunroof makes!I have just been use to having a sunrof,but mine is a vinyl sunroof so it doesnt make a noise.Not sure i would want one that does!Thanks for all your help guys,have found this forum really helpfull.As i didnt know much about the mini,i i have learnt quite a lot from reading your threads.Cant wait to get mine! :)
dont worry about the comments if u want the sunroof get it - @ the end of the day if u want the sunroof and it starts 2 leak - mini will have 2 `fix up and look sharp` like anything if u were to listen 2 what people say u would be on edge about getting any option!! and for the record - i have every option on my MCS - the BIZZLE!! - baby!!! POW POW!!!! :D

·
Girl Next Door...
1,191 Posts
A few people have had a few problems with the sunroof, that's all :)

I've had the sunroof (and aircon) on both my mini's and to be honest taking into account how big the roof is (don't forget it is double length - you get a glass roof in the back as well :cool: ) it isn't noisy at all - unless you go above 70 mph - where all sunroofs would be noisy.

Personally if I had to choose between the two I would go with the sunroof. The aircon is fine, but it doesn't exactly bang out the cold air. I use the sunroof much more often than the aircon.

(to be fair though, aircon is worth more at re-sale) :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
A/C is a must-have. I ordered my MINI without at first, but I'm so glad I changed my order and took the automatic A/C.

If you can't afford both, take A/C. This is also the only option which is worth something significant when you trade in your MINI.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts