MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Forum,
Whilst we continue to fall in love with our SClub the air con isn't impressing much. Whilst it does seem to be a fraction of a degree colder than ambient air temperature shouldn't it be chilled? IS this a mini thing of does mine need some attention?
Thanks
BenC

·
Registered
593 Posts
Air con, takes the moisture out of the air. You still need to set the temp control to your desired level. Then let it do it''s thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Forum,
Whilst we continue to fall in love with our SClub the air con isn't impressing much. Whilst it does seem to be a fraction of a degree colder than ambient air temperature shouldn't it be chilled? IS this a mini thing of does mine need some attention?
Thanks
BenC
Hi Ben,

On the car we test drove / bought yesterday I set the climate to 18 degrees C. It was a warm day and I could certainly feel it pumping cold air to begin with. At least until the cabin got to the required temperature.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
If you set the temp to minimum (manual) or a low temp (16-17C on climate) and the fan to a mid setting you should get cold air out, very cold if you enable recirculation (should only be left on for a few mins though). If it's not cold, you may need your system checking.

·
Registered
191 Posts
my AC works well. I have auto climate control but don't use it - I'd rather tell the car to have the AC on or not, and how hard to push air. When you have the auto on, depending upon your temp setpoint, the car will actually cool (and dehumidify) the air with the AC then HEAT it back up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts