MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will fitting a JCW air filter (dont want to mess with the TLC package so thinking of that!) affect my insurance costs? Im presuming it will, but any ideas if its something ridiculous, or just a lil bit of an increase? I have 2 yrs NCbonus and my car is a cooper....any advice much appreciated!!

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
1.You should inform your insurance.

2. It may affect your premium, best to phone them before getting it to ask how much.

3. But will it make a noticeable improvement to the performance of your car? I doubt it.

·
Don Vito
17,160 Posts
What Ken said and make sure its ok with your garage. My garage was fine as long as the modification was not a result to future problems.
So, If you did find an issue with the car and the garage find that it relates to your mod then the warranty will be invalid.

I had a K&N 57i and it did make a slight performance enhancement but i also paired it with a Magnex exhaust. There are quite a few people here who have these mods and i haven't heard of any horror stories with warranty issues.

keep us posted aimee_s

·
Ding Dang Do !
330 Posts
i recently added a k&n typoon to my MCS, my insurance went up by £170 when i declared it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was very tempted to remove it
if only id checked before i bought it, won be doing that again !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts