MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Can anyone tell me how to remove an aftermarket k&n cone air filter and replace with a standard one please. The car came fitted with it when I bought it. Any advice is well received. Many thanks

·
Premium Member
2008 Mini Cooper S hatchback,Automatic,Mello Yellow
469 Posts
This is what your air filter housing should look like. I would check the trunk or attempt to contact the previous owner and ask if they have it laying around somewhere. As they did not come stock O.E.M like that.
001.JPG
If you cannot locate one. You can always purchase one.
perhaps you need to rebuild the entire system you can also pick up on these on Ebay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what your air filter housing should look like. I would check the trunk or attempt to contact the previous owner and ask if they have it laying around somewhere. As they did not come stock O.E.M like that.
View attachment 279810
If you cannot locate one. You can always purchase one.
perhaps you need to rebuild the entire system you can also pick up on these on Ebay.
That is great info. I know its not in the boot (trunk). And we have an issue with the previous owner. But I will look at what I need to do. Many thanks for the help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
She isn't quite stock. Got a sports exhaust and a stage 1 remap. Just to help her along a bit. She is all black with tinted back windows. This stuff is all new to me but I'm getting there.
I am a advocate of stock air box idea. It was a very big idea back in the early 2000's just more durable.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
I was checking out the hub caps. I was missing one on mine and ordered it from the dealership. After they got my vin number and sold me the up rated version of the same hubcap you have. slightly different for the R56 second gen but very similar. That was last week.
So I ran my vin number turns out that the used car lot I bought the car from acquired the car in Texas. Then switched the wheels out for the standard mini cooper wheel that I also run now as seen in my other avatar. And that was when it made sense to me. Because back then the yellow usally had the hot shot wheels consider it's loud color. And the Vin number says that in compliment. So the goal to bring it back to what it was before it had 25,000 miles is to get the 2nd gen version of your type of wheel. I think the only difference is yours is 15 inch second gen is 16 inch stocker's.
At any rate that is a awesome car there. I remember when they first came out I was still in my 20's they were awesome in America. The spy who shagged me and everything else was real popular. supercharged before the re make of the Italian job. The only other thing out there supercharged in the U.S. was the hummer before the H3 hummer.
That is definitely a bad A## car. I really wanted one back then as a adult looking at them. The dark green supercharged.
The R53's sure looked bullet proof back then. Probably why our friend Paul Walker did a commercial in one before his accident.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was checking out the hub caps. I was missing one on mine and ordered it from the dealership. After they got my vin number and sold me the up rated version of the same hubcap you have. slightly different for the R56 second gen but very similar. That was last week.
So I ran my vin number turns out that the used car lot I bought the car from acquired the car in Texas. Then switched the wheels out for the standard mini cooper wheel that I also run now as seen in my other avatar. And that was when it made sense to me. Because back then the yellow usally had the hot shot wheels consider it's loud color. And the Vin number says that in compliment. So the goal to bring it back to what it was before it had 25,000 miles is to get the 2nd gen version of your type of wheel. I think the only difference is yours is 15 inch second gen is 16 inch stocker's.
At any rate that is a awesome car there. I remember when they first came out I was still in my 20's they were awesome in America. The spy who shagged me and everything else was real popular. supercharged before the re make of the Italian job. The only other thing out there supercharged in the U.S. was the hummer before the H3 hummer.
That is definitely a bad A## car. I really wanted one back then as a adult looking at them. The dark green supercharged.
The R53's sure looked bullet proof back then. Probably why our friend Paul Walker did a commercial in one before his accident.
If you are talking hubcaps, mine are a weird 2 piece job. You have the main unit then where the MINI sticker is, that slots in. Which on mine unfortunately are all missing. So those are just stickers (ebay) stuck on. But I find are affective. Didnt know Paul Walker did a Mini commercial. Must of just been for you, our Mini brethren in the States. Lol. Thank you for your compliments on the car. The rain makes it look a bit better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ha ha. Thats fantastic. I have never seen that. I dont think it was aimed at my age group to be fair. But was very good.
I didnt see your hubcap. Is blue in the centre? Thought your car was yellow

1 - 13 of 13 Posts