MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Recently purchased a 2010 Mini Cooper D and hope you can help me with a problem don't that the following may be of use to your members.

Last night started car and went to drive off when car stopped & wouldn't restart, everything fine, no lights and car cranked over ok. Whilst fault finding I noticed when hand priming there was an air leak noise and traced the fault today to a pin hole in the plastic pipe on the left side of hand primer.
it had not been secured in the clip to the air box and the clip had rubbed through it although not enough to leak fuel.
Araldited hole, wrapped with self amalgamating rubber tape and primed, car started and runs better than ever.
Obviously I don't want the chance of it leaking so:

Can you buy replacement hoses? (It's the hard plastic one with a yellow stripe which goes to a tee lower down)
Am I right in thinking that this is a low pressure line and if so could it be replaced with braided fuel line or similar and clips to secure?

I will be going back to the garage who sold it to me but don't want to get fobbed off.

Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Hi,
Recently purchased a 2010 Mini Cooper D and hope you can help me with a problem don't that the following may be of use to your members.

Last night started car and went to drive off when car stopped & wouldn't restart, everything fine, no lights and car cranked over ok. Whilst fault finding I noticed when hand priming there was an air leak noise and traced the fault today to a pin hole in the plastic pipe on the left side of hand primer.
it had not been secured in the clip to the air box and the clip had rubbed through it although not enough to leak fuel.
Araldited hole, wrapped with self amalgamating rubber tape and primed, car started and runs better than ever.
Obviously I don't want the chance of it leaking so:

Can you buy replacement hoses? (It's the hard plastic one with a yellow stripe which goes to a tee lower down)
Am I right in thinking that this is a low pressure line and if so could it be replaced with braided fuel line or similar and clips to secure?

I will be going back to the garage who sold it to me but don't want to get fobbed off.

Any advice is appreciated.
yes its low pressure, yes can buy the correct pipe with its correct fittings, yes can replace with a piece of fuel pipe but would not recommend it,, as being devils advocate if anytime in the future the car was involved in any accident when caught on fire the insurance company could have a easy out of paying up.. best to replace with what is meant to be there with the release fitting to the fuel filter. below link
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-MINI-One-D-Cooper-D-Diesel-Fuel-Pipe-for-R55-R56-W16-2757169/182965114976?epid=2207810470&hash=item2a99921860:g:J30AAOSwvR5aM8ID

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thanks for the info.

I should have been more precise it's the psa engine & it's not the push fit to the fuel filter it's the hose on the drivers side which comes up and joins to the hand prime pump. The Pipe seems to be pushed over a ridged plastic insert ( like a rubber pipe joiner?) on he primer end and goes down to a plastic tee.

I assumed all the high pressure would be metal pipe?

Cheers.

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for the info.

I should have been more precise it's the psa engine & it's not the push fit to the fuel filter it's the hose on the drivers side which comes up and joins to the hand prime pump. The Pipe seems to be pushed over a ridged plastic insert ( like a rubber pipe joiner?) on he primer end and goes down to a plastic tee.

I assumed all the high pressure would be metal pipe?

Cheers.
the prime ball and pipe work is all one part to replace, they use hard plastic to help fuel flow as the supply in not pumped it sucked through from high pressure pump,, so if rubber pipe not same inner diameter it will restrict flow, that link was for the psa w16 engine the later 2010 bmw engines are n47 below link mini cooper d breaking, ask the guy for price for that pipe work with ball including the push release ends,
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Breaking-2008-MINI-MINI-Cooper-D-Turbo-Diesel-Manual/152949035813?hash=item239c791325:g:QVQAAOSwx7VarZy5

1 - 6 of 6 Posts