MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Sorry I feel a bit stupid writing this. I have a Cooper S which I've had for about 2 months. Could anyone tell me what the two filter or vents are called on the bonnett below the window and what their function is?

I have read through the mannual but can't find anything. I have noticed that the filter material inside is torn and wondered how to go about replacing it.

Any advice is much apprechiated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks Blackadder, will take a look. However looks like onboard computer has gone today, it never rains! Looks like being a Mini owner hasn't changed, my original one used to cost me a fortune too! Wouldn't change it though.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
The items you speak of are just trims, they dont filter the air. early models had a sort of net material in them that seemed to tear by itself, my dealer blamed birds, but i doubt that. They changed the design of this part on newer cars to not have this material and are a much better job.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Oh, so I don't really need to do anything, does look a bit scruffy though.
Well on my old cooper, I got them changed under warranty twice, but i'm guessing yours is out of original warranty?

They aren't that expensive as far as im aware, ring your local parts department and order a set and ask them how to remove the old ones, then do it yourself, as they will charge you to fit them, unless you can charm your mini dealer.

You may be able to fit ones for newer cars, without the net material, save the expense of changing them again. Ask your parts department if they will fit, im not 100% sure if they will or will not fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts