MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
A few questions if I may, airbag light recently come on, any way of knowing if it can just be reset or needs a new under seat wiring loom? Been searching through previous posts and read about the reset tool, no sure if this will do the trick or not? The car went back to the dealers Aug last year with it's previous owner re airbag light on, I've rang them as hoping it would be under guarantee? But they want £40 for an investigation to start with and say that even if it's down to the new wiring loom they fitted less than 12 months ago they can't say it will be done under guarantee as I may have damaged it!!?? If this is the case, surely it's a design fault not mine! a
Not sure the best way to get this sorted, moneys tight at the minute so don't really want to have to take it to BMW. Can an independant garage do the reset?
Getting a bit fed up of MINI ownership, something goes wrong every week also got an on-going problem with EML light and lymph mode which will be another topic once I've got time to explain myself!
Cheers for any help!!

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having problems :(

Any place that has a BMW/MINI Airbag fault code reader/reset tool can do it. The code will isolate what triggered the fault.

EMLs are bad often caused by fault throttle bodies, bypass vales and MAP sensors.

Hope you get it sorted quickly and have some trouble free motoring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts