MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i bought a mini one the other day and after 3 days of driving it the airbag light just popped on halfway down a road for no reason. i cant afford to take it to a garage so ive just left it. anybody know why its come on or anything? many thanks simon

·
Registered
382 Posts
Since you've posted in the R56 forum, your car can't be over 3 years old. Aslong as you've not done more than 60k, take the car back to a Mini Dealership.

This should be fixed for you free under warrenty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

sorry didnt see that im new to this forum, can someobdy move it to the correct place and its 54 reg 72k miles

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
You are not alone with this. The Airbag warning light and, often, the Seatbelt warning light come on at the same time. To read more check out this thread on NAM, where a number have posted their experiences - as have I.: MINI COOPER :: North American Motoring - Airbag Light?

Mine was fixed for a second time (within days) and so far is AOK.
1st visit for issue: ""Fault Code 93BF seat position sensor driver side open circuit. Checked connection plug X01159 under seat. Found connector not plugged in all the way. Refasten, clear codes and road test OK." The next day the problems returned.

2nd visit to dealership:
"code 93BF on my, performed a test plan for the code, checked connections OK, checked wires OK. Perform test plan on seat position sensor tested OK. Perform PUMA, PUMA said to replace sensor if nothing found. Ordered drivers seat position sensor R&I L/F seat replaced seat position sensor" "Part # 42-10-2-752-671 Position Switch"
Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts