MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
According to the listing it will.

I would also say that as your car is an R50 / R52 / R53 it should work fine, I'm not sure if it would work on an R56 car or not.

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Why not take it in to someone and find out why the light came on? Could have a serious system fault and it is possible that the bags could fail if you have an accident.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I was presuming Joe was suffering from the known issue of the light coming on due to the pre-tensioners when you move the seat.

There is an article on this, in this week's Auto Express

·
Registered
5 Posts
Auto Express also got the details of my airbag problems incorrect in the article! I got a call from the dealers about the article lol!

Mike

·
Registered
382 Posts
Auto Express also got the details of my airbag problems incorrect in the article! I got a call from the dealers about the article lol!

Mike
Have they changed their mind about wanting you to pay for fixing it? :D

Maybe we should start doing more naming and shaming of dealers in Auto Express? :wink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
First two times it broke under warranty. Third time it was fixed FOC outside warranty. The dealer stated that if it happened again it would be £170. We were a bit shocked seeing as it was a reoccurring problem. Dealer also said not to move the seat so much as this causes it to fail!!!

I know the sales woman who called me .... she didn't seem too bothered to be named and shamed! I have just bought a Cooper S from them six weeks ago. (Since then the power steering pump has failed on the new Mini. Not having much luck ehh??

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts